Windows 10: After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the...

Discus and support After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In error, I accidently clicked on the Internet Explorer blue tile on the desktop and it disappeared. I would like to put it back. I have the icon on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kehsenk, Jan 16, 2019.

1. kehsenk Win User

After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the...

In error, I accidently clicked on the Internet Explorer blue tile on the desktop and it disappeared. I would like to put it back. I have the icon on my taskbar. What must I do to have it re-appear with my other "tiles". My program is Windows 10, but from the Start button, there is no mention of Internet Explorer. There is mention of Microsoft Edge...… which I also have in my "tiles".

** Moved from: Bing / Other / Bing users and consumers **

:)

kehsenk, Jan 16, 2019

2. Live tiles not working or updating.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I would suggest turn the live tiles on and off and check if the issue persists:

• Right click on the app tile on the start menu.
    • Click Turn Live Tile off.
    • Press f5 to refresh the desktop.
    • Right click on the app tile again on the start menu.
    • Click Turn Live Tile on.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 16, 2019
  4. After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the...

Live tiles not working

Hi PJ,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer a few questions to narrow down the issue and provide you with better assistance.

• Is the issue specific to sports app?
    • Did you make any significant hardware or software changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    You might be referring to Live tiles that get refreshed in a few seconds to show a new picture or information. I would suggest turn the live tiles on and off and check if the issue persists:

• Right click on the app tile on the start menu.
    • Click Turn Live Tile off.
    • Press f5 to refresh the desktop.
    • Right click on the app tile again on the start menu.
    • Click Turn Live Tile on.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the...

1. After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the... - Similar Threads - accidently removing live

2. Accidently remotely remove a device from my account, how can I retrieve it back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidently remotely remove a device from my account, how can I retrieve it back?: My laptop got stolen, in a panic I accidently removed the laptop from my Microsoft account, I had not know or remember that I was able lock it and track it. Is there a way to get around this? To start tracking it again. It is the only account on it. Will it stay locked? Will...
  3. Accidently remotely remove a device from my account, how can I retrieve it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently remotely remove a device from my account, how can I retrieve it back?: My laptop got stolen, in a panic I accidently removed the laptop from my Microsoft account, I had not know or remember that I was able lock it and track it. Is there a way to get around this? To start tracking it again....
  4. Accidently remotely remove a device from my account, how can I retrieve it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently remotely remove a device from my account, how can I retrieve it back?: My laptop got stolen, in a panic I accidently removed the laptop from my Microsoft account, I had not know or remember that I was able lock it and track it. Is there a way to get around this? To start tracking it again....
  5. Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?: I really like Live Tiles and I use them regularly and I already have a new design for them. I am worried that they will be removed soon. Will they be removed, and can I send my design in in any way? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu: What you need to know Windows 10's live tiles could be removed soon as part of a redesign of the Start Menu. A report claims that static icons could replace live tiles in the upcoming Windows 10 20H2 update. We first explored if Microsoft was moving away from live tiles...
  7. Desktop / Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  8. Unwanted live tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted live tiles on desktop: I am an IT volunteer at a day centre and am working with a gentleman who has live tiles on the desktop which are unwanted. I can't seem to find the control panel if that is the way to rectify the problem. Does anyone know how to restore the desktop icons please? Many...
  9. Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop: I'm transitioning to a PC after using a Macbook Pro for many years. Tonight my desktop starting showing these live tiles (?), I'm not certain what they're called, on the left of my screen. I'd rather not see them and simply see my desktop. It seems like it's also making my...
  10. How do I get back the live tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back the live tiles?: I am using Insider Preview version of Windows 10 and suddenly the live tiles feature has disappeared*Mad. How do I get it back? I have screen captured how my screen looks: http://hodentek.blogspot.com/2016/05...indows-10.html 49662

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally deleted a live tile on my desktop

2. removing a tile from destop?