Windows 10: After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working

Discus and support After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the same problem for a few years right now. Every now and then, when an large update is installed, the "right click, windows start, calendar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luis MatiasPierdoná, Feb 18, 2019.

1. After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working

I have the same problem for a few years right now.

Every now and then, when an large update is installed, the "right click, windows start, calendar, calculator, and any windows native app" STOP WORKING.

I tryied everything that is on internet, NEVER find a solution (dont even know why this happend in the first place).

But when a large update is install (when windows.old folder is created), windows app, right click just stop working.

I guess this happend for some user-permission-issue.

What can I do? I'm really tired of this problem.

Misterious data:

When this large update's are installed (when windows.old folder is created), 2 weird things happends.

1 -> Settings -> Account -> Your Info -> Here I have my microsoft picture duplicate, like if were two of me.

2 -> If I go online to my microsoft account -> Devices -> My cpu is duplicate with a different name, like: MyPC-TBD | MyPC-KDT (and I never add another device and the key wont work on another pc so....)

Microsoft Please...

:)

Luis MatiasPierdoná, Feb 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 apps or Store not working for some users

I can only sympathise. MS and native apps are screwed up when trying to use multi user accounts. Everytime there is a native app or store update it is Russian roulette as to whether they still work on other user accounts. Always take a restore point before a native app update (and keep the app updates on manual rather than auto). Basically if a native app updates fails but then works second time round - then those apps will prob be screwed for other users. Windows 10 is borked in that respect. Only way to fix is delete and re create the affected user account (a major pain) or try a system restore point and try the app updates again keeping fingers crossed they 'complete' first time !

Scottyboy99, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 apps or Store not working for some users

Hi David, Yes. I am the main user of the computer. But my wife has her own user account and so does my son. I've seen native apps go wrong before on their accounts so I changed the app update settings from auto to manual so I have more control. So in this latest example, mail and calendar receives an update over the weekend. I pick this up after manually opening the store and checking under updates. It was actually already sitting there waiting. I just had to kick off the download. So it downloads and at the end of the whole process threw out some kind of error from MS, with a cryptic code and 'we are working on it' or something along those lines. So I manually re-scanned again to be offered the update again. It comes up and this time it goes through absolutely fine. I check both apps work on my user account and they are fine.

I then go into my wife and son's user accounts and try to launch those apps and nothing happens. I check under settings for their software and apps list and both mail and calendar are now conspicuous by their absence in the list even though the tiles remain in their start menus. I then go into the store under their own user accounts and look up mail and calendar, it offers me the chance to install them. So it's as if the apps no longer existed under their user accounts. I install them which all goes through. But even though the apps are now in their list, they still do not launch. It's happened before, I did try powershell once to remove that specific app from their accounts so I could re-install again (after a restart) and it made no difference. On previous occasions I had to delete their accounts and create new accounts for them as I had no recent system restore points (of course I am wise to that now). The recent issue I had a very recent restore point so I used that and all was well again. I then went back into store under my own user account and saw the mail and calendar update being offered again. I kicked off the update and this time it all went through first time, no error code, no 'we are working on it' message. The result was a clean one as the apps continued to work fine in the aftermath for all user accounts. So basically, if a native app update fails for some reason (as they can occasionally do) it seems to ruin that app for the other users. It's as if the update uninstalls the app from the other users during the failed process and doesn't revert to keep the app in it's previous state. The update then goes through successfully on another try, it is all fine for me afterwards but as the other users apps are now uninstalled or corrupt it doesn't do anything to help them. Trying to re-install the app within their user accounts makes no difference. The only solution is delete their accounts and start again or use system restore. It just seems to be a case of fingers crossed on the native apps that an update works smoothly first time.

The same happens with the other native apps. It's happened before with calculator, photos, one drive (probably others that I have forgotten too). Never, ever a problem with third party apps though. These all behave perfectly!

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working

1. After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working - Similar Threads - acumulative update user

2. Right-clicking a file and selecting "Choose another app" stopped working after upgrading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-clicking a file and selecting "Choose another app" stopped working after upgrading...: After upgrading from Win10 to Win11, selecting any file say .txt, clicking "Open with" then "Choose another app" does nothing. No popup window to choose a different application. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Right-clicking a file and selecting "Choose another app" stopped working after upgrading...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-clicking a file and selecting "Choose another app" stopped working after upgrading...: After upgrading from Win10 to Win11, selecting any file say .txt, clicking "Open with" then "Choose another app" does nothing. No popup window to choose a different application. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  5. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  6. right click stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click stopped working: After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the...
  7. "right click, windows start, calendar, calculator, and any windows native app" STOP WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "right click, windows start, calendar, calculator, and any windows native app" STOP WORKING: I have the same problem for a few years right now. Every now and then, when an large update is installed, the "right click, windows start, calendar, calculator, and any windows native app" STOP WORKING. I tryied everything that is on internet, NEVER find a solution (dont...
  8. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  9. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  10. Right-click has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click has stopped working: I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened. I found another way to do it, but have now noticed that other right-click issues are happening, eg I recently tried to run...