Windows 10: AFTER ADDING THE IN BUILT ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT MY SEARCH IS NOT RESPONDING on my original...

Discus and support AFTER ADDING THE IN BUILT ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT MY SEARCH IS NOT RESPONDING on my original... in Cortana to solve the problem; I REMOVED THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT BUT THE SAME PROBLEM CONTINUES. I tried various methods but none of them worked..please anyone tell me the solution... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ARYA SUBHOJIT, Sep 3, 2021.

1. AFTER ADDING THE IN BUILT ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT MY SEARCH IS NOT RESPONDING on my original...

I REMOVED THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT BUT THE SAME PROBLEM CONTINUES. I tried various methods but none of them worked..please anyone tell me the solution

:)

ARYA SUBHOJIT, Sep 3, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Fortitude Win User

AFTER ADDING THE IN BUILT ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT MY SEARCH IS NOT RESPONDING on my original...

Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

AFTER ADDING THE IN BUILT ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT MY SEARCH IS NOT RESPONDING on my original...

1. AFTER ADDING THE IN BUILT ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT MY SEARCH IS NOT RESPONDING on my original... - Similar Threads - ADDING BUILT ADMINISTRATOR

2. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  3. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  4. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't access my built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my built-in administrator account: I have two accounts on my pc. One is the built-in admin account and the other is the one i created. I have problems with permissions on the account i created and i want to login in to my admin account and anytime i try, it tells me that something went wrong...
  6. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  7. Original Administrator Account Issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Original Administrator Account Issue.: So I deleted the original account the first one I had on my computer off of my computer and now when I'm trying to delete some of my files it says I need permission from the account that I deleted to do it. Help? sorry about the category if it's wrong I don't really know...
  8. Change original administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change original administrator account: I would like to know WHY the original administrator account can not be changed. Add another administrator account is NOT ENOUGH. For security reasons I urgently need to change this, but as I have been reading, it is, by design, not possible. For all I can see this is some...
  9. Change original administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change original administrator account: I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my...
  10. Built in administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...