Windows 10: After an advanced restore a new problem

Discus and support After an advanced restore a new problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After an advanced restore a problem developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Nov 6, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

After an advanced restore a new problem

After an advanced restore a problem developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off.
    running Windows 10 desktop

:)

jalea148, Nov 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

After an advanced restore a new problem [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2019
  4. After an advanced restore a new problem

Problem with System Restore on Win 10

Tried to do a System Restore on a Toshiba laptop this morning. First of all it took over a half hour or more and ended up in a loop which I can't get out of. Never booted up into Windows, just the following messages on the screen:
    • 0xc000021a and go to http://www.windows.com/stopcode which doesn't load
    • Toshiba says it's "preparing automatic repair" then "diagnosing your PC"
    • choices are "restart" which does nothing or "advanced options"
    • Adv. options choices are: "continue to Windows or turn off PC" - same loop again
    use device to recover or troubleshoot choices or repair install
    • Another screen says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" then I get the same error messages again!!
    Help! I don't want to lose all the data and programs on this PC. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm fairly new to Windows 10. Tried to get into Safe Mode but all the instructions I found show Windows already loaded. ??

sillycat41, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

After an advanced restore a new problem

1. After an advanced restore a new problem - Similar Threads - advanced restore problem

2. Problems after restoring windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after restoring windows.: As I can't reply here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/temporary-profile-error-on-windows-10/e1f9e415-eef3-40f2-893c-c34173938295 I am having some troubles after restoring windows 10: I have completed windows restore successfully. But...
  3. Problems after restoring windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after restoring windows.: As I can't reply here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/temporary-profile-error-on-windows-10/e1f9e415-eef3-40f2-893c-c34173938295 I am having some troubles after restoring windows 10: I have completed windows restore successfully. But...
  4. Problems after restoring windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Advanced Startup Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Problems: Alright so, i wanna reset my pc from advanced startup so i dont need to use boot device but when i open advanced startup and click troubleshoot it directly goes into advanced options what do i do to fix this?...
  6. Problem after restoration

Problem after restoration: I restore my pc and after windows got installed and open my mouse and keyboard dont work but if i press f8 and open troubleshooting my mouse and keyboard works what can i do?...
  7. advanced restore 2 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    advanced restore 2 problems: After an advanced restore 2 problems developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off. After the computer restarts the other problem becomes evident. In order to bring up...
  8. Advanced system restore and restore file locations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advanced system restore and restore file locations: I'm using windows 10 pro and am trying to get restore locations moved from and old drive to a new drive. I'm trying to figure out what folders and files I need to move and where to move them so I can have the restore points show when I open system recovery. Creating a system...
  9. Advanced Restoration Service

Advanced Restoration Service: I have a computer maintenance program and they are telling me my Advanced Restoration Service has just expired July 9. I am told I have to have this re-newed or my anti-virus and files will be corrupted. After calling them this morning, they said I have 281 out of 300 files...
  10. Advanced Permissions Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Advanced Permissions Problem: I want to change the Title of a single file in it's Properties > Details Tab > Description line. When I try to make the change by going to the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link and Apply, I get the message: "You'll Need To Provide Administrator Permission To...