Windows 10: After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight,...

Discus and support After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight, how do I change it back so the taskbar is dark and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DiddySo, Oct 11, 2019.

1. DiddySo Win User

After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight,...

After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight, how do I change it back so the taskbar is dark and the windows are light ?

:)

DiddySo, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10

Hello Byron 1213,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

• Does the same issue occur when you set a default picture as the background? Have you tried changing it to a different picture?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?
    • Does the background picture gets dark? Or is it the dark mode that gets enabled automatically?
    • Were there any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

According to the description, it seems like the Dark mode is getting enabled. I would suggest you to change the settings to Light mode and check if the issue persists. If yes, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Update Display drivers.

The issue could be occur due to the outdated display drivers that are installed on your machine. So, I would suggest you to update the drivers from Device Manager. To do that,

• Right click on the Start menu and click on
      Device Manager
    • Navigate to Display adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver to choose Update driver.
    • If you've already on the latest driver build, you may visit your PC manufacturer's website to download and install the display drivers.

For reference, you may follow the suggestions provided in the article on
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Method 2: Create a new user profile.

The issue could be occurring due to user profile corruption as well, so you may create a new user profile and see if that works. To create a new user account, you may refer the article on

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results. Will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 11, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight,...

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. After an automatic update, my taskbar and all windows have turned to dark mode overnight,... - Similar Threads - automatic update taskbar

2. Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on: Two days ago I clicked something on my keyboard and my taskbar dissapeared, I managed to find the solution the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option was turned on in the settings. But now even if I tun it back off it keeps turning on every time I turn on my...
  3. Turn off dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off dark mode: I tried out dark mode recently, didn't like that it also affected chrome. I went back to the same exact spot to turn it off, but apparently, windows like to change the layout of the settings on me without me even updating. How tf do I fix this? Shouldn't even need to ask....
  4. File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode

File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode: I reset my laptop to its factory reset. I change the theme to dark mode but when i open file explorer it's still light. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-doesnt-turn-dark-in-dark-mode/0e64262d-aa07-42e7-8fd5-3d164f828afe
  5. Dark mode turning off automatically

Dark mode turning off automatically: Every time I shut off my pc, when I turn it back on the default app mode in colors is set to light, even though I change it to dark every single day. The default Windows mode stays on light, but the app setting keeps switching to light. It hurts my eyes every time I open an...
  6. Dark Mode - Taskbar issue

Dark Mode - Taskbar issue: I have a HP Spectre X360 which has slowly been not working as well. As an attempt to improve performance, I reset my computer completely to factory settings. When I booted it back up, dark mode was on but the taskbar was not affected. I am not sure how to fix this. Dark...
  7. My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode

My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode: My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode, I can change to dark and I get the task bar settings back (I get white text and icons), but when I change both options (windows mode and app mode) to light, the checkbox for accent colour on task is greyed out. My taskbar shows dark...
  8. Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update

Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update: Since I update to 1903 I keep having this issue where the dark mode is turning itself off randomly. I have not found anything specific happening at the time i just boot up and default app mode turns to light. I set this back to dark and i am fine for awhile again could be...
  9. Dark mode after Update

Dark mode after Update: [ATTACH] I was trying to change my laptop theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black and the font text is black too. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? please help me...
  10. Dark mode after Update

Dark mode after Update: [ATTACH] I was trying to change my laptop theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black and the font text is black too. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? please help me...