Windows 10: After an update and restart for this Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 I can no longer use...

Discus and support After an update and restart for this Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 I can no longer use... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Turned on my laptop this morning and received a notification to restart so it could install "Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24" went to start menu and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by k.cameron, Oct 30, 2018.

1. k.cameron Win User

After an update and restart for this Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 I can no longer use...

Turned on my laptop this morning and received a notification to restart so it could install "Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24" went to start menu and selected install and shutdown (was the only option for the install) after it had finished and the laptop was off I turned it back on to continue use and it was saying my fingerprint was not set up and my pin was incorrect (it did let me log on with a password that had been set up previously) I went to settings to try set up fingerprint access again and it said I required a pin I entered my pin and it said it was incorrect so I have then tried to create a new pin and an error messages says unavailable to update pin. All security and scans have been completed with no detected threats. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 7390-13IKB. Please Help!

:)

k.cameron, Oct 30, 2018

2. uefi firmware settings

I did have UEFI Firmware Settings under settings / update and security / recovery / advanced startup - restart now

and then under troubleshooting /advanced

but it is no longer listed... how can I get the UEFI Firmware settings back into recovery?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jack Smook, Oct 30, 2018
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Windows Update MiniTool offering Lenovo H110 firmware?!

And it wasn't. I reviewed updates so I knew what was going on and when something went wrong I knew well what caused it. But if OS just keeps tossing updates, god knows what may happen and I'd have no clue where to even begin. Getting Lenovo and Huawei firmware updates on system that has neither of those inside just proves my case even more.

Not to mention I do updates myself so the system is under stress and is later restarted on MY terms, not those imposed by Microsoft. Meaning I don't want OS to download 4GB of updates while i'm playing online games. And I also don't want it bugging me about restarts when I have shit to do and I can't afford a restart. It happened to often in the past OS just decided to restart after updates even though I was doing shit with PC.

RejZoR, Oct 30, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

After an update and restart for this Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 I can no longer use...

UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. After an update and restart for this Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 I can no longer use... - Similar Threads - update restart Lenovo

2. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 keeps asking for restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 keeps asking for restart: On my windows 10 after a windows update my computer keeps asking me to restart to finish configuration of my computer.I've tried multiple restarts and running the windows update troubleshooter. Is there a way I can restart the update or similar, since something must have gone...
  3. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 keeps asking for restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 keeps asking for restart: On my windows 10 after a windows update my computer keeps asking me to restart to finish configuration of my computer.I've tried multiple restarts and running the windows update troubleshooter. Is there a way I can restart the update or similar, since something must have gone...
  4. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.24 keeps asking for restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...

Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...: I kept restarting my laptop over and over and it seems that it doesn't really work. I've through a troubleshooter against this Win+R then paste "msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic", which is just Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, it seems that the troubleshooter can see the...
  6. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...: I kept restarting my laptop over and over and it seems that it doesn't really work. I've through a troubleshooter against this Win+R then paste "msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic", which is just Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, it seems that the troubleshooter can see the...
  7. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart: Hi, I wanna ask this question because i cant access to my bios with my keyboard in normal startup or when i restart the pc. I was looking for options and when i choose to initiate my Bios with "advanced restart" i mean the option UEFI Firmware i noticed i dont have that...
  9. Lenovo Brightness After Firmware Update

Lenovo Brightness After Firmware Update: I just updated my Lenovo Ideapad 330's firmware. After the update was complete, the PC rebooted itself. After a few seconds, I realized that the brightness was the whole way up and went to turn it down. While the icon showed that the brightness would be lowered, the screen...
  10. System firmware UEFI Admin Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System firmware UEFI Admin Password: Forgot to mention that I am the only one using my laptop and nobody else. So will it be fine not to set an Admin UEFI password? If you believe that no one has any reason to access your laptop when you are not around it, then, there is no need for one.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo uefi system firmware 1.24

2. 9YCN39ww keyboars

3. 9ycn39ww ideapad 110

4. lenovo uefi system firmware 9ycn39ww,
  5. lenovo uefi pop after update,
  6. lenovo firmware doesnt update after computer restart,
  7. lenovo firmware update error as it needs a restart,
  8. lenovo uefi firmware 1.24,
  9. lenovo UEFI system firmware 128,
  10. lenvo UEFI system firmware 1.24,
  11. firmware update 1.24 lenovo,
  12. lenovo firmware update requires restart but restart does not finish install,
  13. uefi system firmware 1.24,
  14. lenovo uefi firmware update 1.24,
  15. system firmware 1.24