Windows 10: After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office...

Discus and support After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After an update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office apps for images. I can snip a section of the screen that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveClose, Oct 30, 2020.

1. DaveClose Win User

After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office...

After an update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office apps for images. I can snip a section of the screen that looks like this:

After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office... edecd8da-1957-44a9-b27b-5f6a2e5823d8?upload=true.jpg

When I try to paste it into a Word doc it looks like this - also does the same thing if I save it as a JPG file and try to insert it. That same JPG file pastes just fine into my email or into Photoshop and I can Ctl-V paste it into any other non-Office app just fine.

After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office... d149f1e5-2d8d-4dae-8973-bcd3ff949031?upload=true.jpg

It works everywhere else when I copy something like an image and paste using Ctl-V or other methods but in Word or Excel what gets pasted in is some odd looking mess that looks like part of the Word menu ribbon.

:)

DaveClose, Oct 30, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 7 no longer updates

I think MS have intentionally borked windows update for Windows 7 in the hopes of pushing people into upgrading to Windows 10, I have come across numerous older machines that once ran Win7 perfectly yet over the last year they have all become useless due to Windows updates running constantly and thrashing the hell out of processor and RAM, I've had to upgrade 2 laptops to Win10 in the last 2 weeks one is a net top with an Atom dual core and 1GB RAM that ran 7 fine for a long time until recently and the other is a single core Sempron with 4GB RAM and a 60GB SSD both running like dogs cause the processor is constantly at 100% mainly due to windows update and a couple of other MS services. They didn't use to be like this hence my thinking that MS have done something intentionally to move more people away from Windows 7....

NdMk2o1o, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows 7 no longer updates

Don't think too much, they did it and they want people to move to Windows 10

Two weeks ago i did a fresh W7 install and i have to leave my Machine for 3 days on in order to get W7 updates, they want me to move to W10? i won't do it.

Knoxx29, Oct 30, 2020
  4. I Young Win User

After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office...

Has anyone got answer to Syncing MS Outlook with a Wondows 7 Phone?

Has anyone got answer to Syncing MS Outlook with a Wondows 7 Phone?

I can't believe that Windows 7 has been develop without one of the major functions available under Windows 6 that is the transfer of data from MS Outlook to a PSA by a USB cable.

I have found a number of thread on US websites about this but they all relate to the prelease version of Office 2010 and have been quiet since last year.

I Young, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. After an update from Windows 7 to Wondows 10 my paste function no longer works in MS Office... - Similar Threads - update Wondows paste

2. MS Office no longer works after August 2020 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office no longer works after August 2020 Windows 10 update: The latest Windows 10 update installed itself yesterday. MS Office 2013 no longer works - clicking on a file just gets the busy wheel for a moment, then nothing. Trying to Open does nothing. Going to the Start button and opening Office does nothing. Running Quick Repair gets...
  3. Wondows 7 to Windows 10

Wondows 7 to Windows 10: I have a Dell T7610 with quad core, heavy memory, Navidia graphics.... Can I install Windows 10 over the Windows 7 that it came with? How worried should I be about losing documents, images...?...
  4. 'Paste' function into MS Paint / and pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Paste' function into MS Paint / and pointer: I have used Paint for years and tonight too and it was fine until just now; I can no longer paste a jpg into Paint by either using CTRL + V or by right - clicking the mouse. The image IS being picked up by CTRL+C as it pastes into e.g. Word but will not paste into Paint....
  5. MS Office Apps no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office Apps no longer work: I did a PC clean-up of the registry and apps that I thought were cluttering up my PC. Now none of my MS Office Professional 2016 programs work. A window pops up saying "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" for Word, Visio, Excel,...
  6. After September windows 10 update my Realtek Audio is no longer functioning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After September windows 10 update my Realtek Audio is no longer functioning.: Dear representative of Microsoft, After September windows 10 update my Realtek Audio is no longer functioning. Any attempt to reinstall it fails with the message "an error occurred during installation of the device". What should I do to reinstall the Realtek sound card? I...
  7. MS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback

MS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback: Hi I own a Lenovo Ideapad purchased Nov'18 Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.885 (I am not sure if this is the original version, or the upgraded version) Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @1.10GHz, 1.10GHz Installed Memory(RAM):4.00GB (3.83 Usable) System...
  8. VPN no longer working after latest MS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VPN no longer working after latest MS update: Hi, Your company updated my system to the latest version of Windows 10 yesterday evening and now when I try to log in to my VPN it doesn't work - just hangs saying 'connecting' without giving me the window to enter my user name and password. I notice a number of other...
  9. Windows Update no longer functions

Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  10. Conversion to Windows 10 from Wondows 7

Conversion to Windows 10 from Wondows 7: If I convert from Windows 7 to Windows 10, how do I transfer all of my bookmarked sites and saved passwords from Win 7 to Win 10? Is this even possible?...