Windows 10: After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this...

Discus and support After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like a lot of people computer wouldn't leave blue screen and on the one time I got it to opening screen, the keyboard and mouse wouldnt work. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W.J.Buckley, Jun 3, 2020.

1. After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this...

Like a lot of people computer wouldn't leave blue screen and on the one time I got it to opening screen, the keyboard and mouse wouldnt work. I want to try and fix it anything I should do before I turn it on?

Its a toshiba Satalite with windows 10 and I have no back up apparently.

:)

W.J.Buckley, Jun 3, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer did not boot after automatic update

Hi Henry,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jun 3, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this...

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this...

1. After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this... - Similar Threads - update last Nov

2. My computer won't boot up at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't boot up at all.: My computer gets stuck on a black screen with a white line in the top left when trying to start it up. I have tried using different graphics cards. I also tried the integrated graphics card which gives me just a black screen. I've tried using a usb with the Windows 10...
  3. My computer won't boot up at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't boot up at all.: My computer gets stuck on a black screen with a white line in the top left when trying to start it up. I have tried using different graphics cards. I also tried the integrated graphics card which gives me just a black screen. I've tried using a usb with the Windows 10...
  4. My computer won't boot up at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Update Messed Up My Computer: I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now: - My computer wakes up literally every night unless I shut it down every time - When I get up in the morning and it has...
  6. my win10 will not boot up after last update

my win10 will not boot up after last update: my laptop will not boot up to win 10. It sits there and the circle goes around and around. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-win10-will-not-boot-up-after-last-update/4515b883-401d-4390-8924-2be2eb365e71
  7. After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts.

After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts.: After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update/c9f47ae2-d77c-485d-92f2-2bd100d5881b
  8. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch normally, or...
  9. The last update locked up my computer

The last update locked up my computer: I received a message "no boot disk found". Thus, I had to reboot by disconnecting the boot drive, then restarting the PC, then turning it off after I receive the said message, and then reconnecting the boot drive and restarting. My last update was on September 11,...
  10. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update on Tuesday, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch...