Windows 10: After an update my Headphones stopped working

Discus and support After an update my Headphones stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was watching a video when I saw my PC needed to be updated. I started the update and now my sound is detected, just doesn't go to my headphones.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LuigiNoob546, Jun 30, 2020.

1. After an update my Headphones stopped working

So I was watching a video when I saw my PC needed to be updated.
    I started the update and now my sound is detected, just doesn't go to my headphones.
    Please help me I am lost, all the YouTube tutorials are not doing anything to help.

submitted by /u/LuigiNoob546
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LuigiNoob546, Jun 30, 2020

2. Headphones stopped working after update

Hello Patricia, my name is irisdiel and I am an independent advisor. Down below ill list some steps that will help fix your issue with your headphones.

1. Set your headphones as your default device

- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key and press the X key.

- Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.

-Change your view to Category and click Hardware and Sound.
    https://images.****/wp-content/upload...

-Click sound

-Select Headphones and click Set default

Note: You may see “Speaker/Headphones” instead of just “Headphones”. If that’s the case, select Speakers/Headphones and click Set Default.

2. On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key and press the X key.

- Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.

-Change your view to Large icons and click Programs and Features.
    https://images.****/wp-content/upload...

-Uninstall IDT Audio Driver from the list and choose Uninstall.

- Restart your computer and check to see if your headphones are now working.

Your headphones should be working after try those two methods if they dont it can also be the jack on the headphones that may be broken.

Thank you and good luck. Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2020
  4. After an update my Headphones stopped working

My headphones stopped working.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with your headphones. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I appreciate your efforts in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to disabling the microphone option on your PC. If the option to use microphone is switched
    Off, your microphone will not be getting detected and eventually will not be able to complete the setup wizard on the PC. The above issue may also occur due to the non-updated headphone drivers installed in the PC.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.
    • Typetroubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings,
    your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

Method 2: Follow the steps below to check if the option to use microphone is enabled on your PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Microphone privacy settings and select the top most search result.
    • Check if Let apps use my microphone option is switched to
      On status. If not, slide the bar to On status and check if the changes are effective.

Method 3: Check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the computer. If the headphone works fine on other PC’s,
    update the headphone drivers manually from
    Device manager
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select
      Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, download and install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

*Holds good for Windows 10 as well

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

After an update my Headphones stopped working

1. After an update my Headphones stopped working - Similar Threads - update Headphones stopped

2. buttons on my headphones stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    buttons on my headphones stop working: HelloAs the title says, the buttons to raise, lower or mute the sound of my headphones stop working for no reason. They work again if I modify the sound, either with the keyboard buttons or the soundbar on the taskbar.I have tried both with formatting and driver update, but...
  3. Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update: After Windows 10 update yesterday, the headphone/external mic jack stopped working on my Dell. When plugged in, the sound would still come out of the Dell speakers. As for the mic, there would be no usable mic at all when the jack is plugged in because the Dell mic would stop...
  4. Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update

Headphone jack stopped working after Windows 10 update: After Windows 10 update yesterday, the headphone/external mic jack stopped working on my Dell. When plugged in, the sound would still come out of the Dell speakers. As for the mic, there would be no usable mic at all when the jack is plugged in because the Dell mic would stop...
  5. Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004

Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004: Since the latest Windows 10 update, version 2004, my headphone jack and task manager have stopped working properly. Basically, nothing I plug into the jack is detected. When I run the troubleshooter, it says that no device is plugged in. However, if I re-boot the computer...
  6. My friend's headphones and mic stopped working after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend's headphones and mic stopped working after windows 10 update.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gingeroose [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx0ces/my_friends_headphones_and_mic_stopped_working/
  7. Bose headphones stopped working after October update

Bose headphones stopped working after October update: Bluetooth is not detecting my Bose QC 35 headphones after the october update, they were working fine the day before I updated. Bluetooth is still working fine, if I connect any other device, but it is not detecting the headphones. I have reinstalled all the bluetooth drivers...
  8. Bose headphones stopped working after October update

Bose headphones stopped working after October update: Bluetooth is not detecting my Bose QC 35 headphones after the october update, they were working fine the day before I updated. Bluetooth is still working fine, if I connect any other device, but it is not detecting the headphones. I have reinstalled all the bluetooth drivers...
  9. Headphones stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones stopped working after update: I am facing an issue with headphones after the update. They won’t work when I plug them in the headphone jack on the front panel or the speakers. Thank you in advance...
  10. Headphones stopped working

Headphones stopped working: Just installed 10, and my headphones have gone dead. When I unplug them, the sound works normally through a connection to my hifi set. The headphones work all right when connected to my Mac. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize the headphones? 22361