Windows 10: After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions

Discus and support After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My windows 10 updated my computer without my permission last time i logged in. I've now attempted to log in and the windows session has been reduced... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RyanalanHill, Nov 25, 2018.

1. After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions

My windows 10 updated my computer without my permission last time i logged in. I've now attempted to log in and the windows session has been reduced to the most basic level. Lower than even safe mode. I have no access to the start menu, no access to any programs... The only thing i can open is the task manager. It displays that absolutely nothing is running. When i try to run a new basic program such as Explorer, it kicks out and states "an attempt was made to reference token that does not exist

Additionally, every time i reboot the computer it keeps trying to update again.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried running sfc /scannow through the powershell to no effect.

:)

RyanalanHill, Nov 25, 2018

2. Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions

1. After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions - Similar Threads - update login account

2. My work laptop failed after an update. It has been rebooted but is now just the basic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My work laptop failed after an update. It has been rebooted but is now just the basic...: PLease re-install pro version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-work-laptop-failed-after-an-update-it-has-been/0689c223-a7d1-4ed6-ad38-319270687f65
  3. My work laptop failed after an update. It has been rebooted but is now just the basic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My work laptop failed after an update. It has been rebooted but is now just the basic...: PLease re-install pro version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-work-laptop-failed-after-an-update-it-has-been/0689c223-a7d1-4ed6-ad38-319270687f65
  4. my account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my account has been hacked: Hello, i just had my Microsoft account hacked with minecraft and I would like to be: put the old password and the old email address back on this account or move my minecraft account to another account. My account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it was...
  5. My original account has been hacked and I cannot login to my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My original account has been hacked and I cannot login to my account: Yesterday I had 3 charges of £17.99 on my paypal account ,which I did not authorise, coming from Microsoft payments.After further investigation I find my Microsoft account has been hacked and I am unable to login.When I type my username into any Microsoft page it just comes...
  6. My original account has been hacked and I cannot login to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My original account has been hacked and I cannot login to my account: Yesterday I had 3 charges of £17.99 on my paypal account ,which I did not authorise, coming from Microsoft payments.After further investigation I find my Microsoft account has been hacked and I am unable to login.When I type my username into any Microsoft page it just comes...
  7. My original account has been hacked and I cannot login to my account

8. My account has been locked

My account has been locked: Hi all I tried to sign in to my outlook account this morning and I get this message: Your account has been lockedWe’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.Unlocking your accountChoose Next and we'll send a...
  9. My account has been locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My account has been locked: Hi all I tried to sign in to my outlook account this morning and I get this message: Your account has been lockedWe’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.Unlocking your accountChoose Next and we'll send a...
  10. money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission: Dear Sir or Madam, Money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission. When I purchased this new computer a few weeks ago, Microsoft allowed for a "Free Trial Period of Office 365". Not once in the agreement did it say that money would be taken from...