Windows 10: After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

Discus and support After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; Today, Windows did quite a few updates. It also needed multiple restarts to install and put those updates in place. After the second set of updates, I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CanIPleaseTalkToAHuman, Sep 29, 2020.

1. After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

Today, Windows did quite a few updates. It also needed multiple restarts to install and put those updates in place. After the second set of updates, I find that I cannot type in any search bar. Not the one of my taskbar, nor any other that I've tried in Windows. I also cannot press the Windows icon on my taskbar anymore. No menu comes up and left clicking does nothing. Is there a fix for this?

:)

CanIPleaseTalkToAHuman, Sep 29, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 29, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 29, 2020
  4. After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

1. After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar - Similar Threads - update none search

2. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10: My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10. Search bar will not receive any characters I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-search-bar-are-no-longer/8cfcd361-ea90-49cf-9622-647a31820fee
  3. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  4. My media keys, taskbar, search bar, windows button and all settings wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My media keys, taskbar, search bar, windows button and all settings wont work: this will be long btwmy laptops serving out a ton of problems recently, random errors with no context, delayed keys, connection issues with my drawing tablet which works perfectly fine on another computer. these usually don't bother me much but these new ones do. yesterday my...
  5. My Search Bar does not open and the search in File Manager does not work.

in Cortana
    My Search Bar does not open and the search in File Manager does not work.: Hello, my Search Bar and File Manager search bar does not open/work.I have tried a few methods online but none of them worked for my issue....
  6. My Search button on my taskbar and file explorer dosent work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Search button on my taskbar and file explorer dosent work: after doing a windows installthe one were you keep your files and programs my pc taskbar search button and file explorer button didnt work. please help me...
  7. Neither Windows button nor Search button are working. Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Neither Windows button nor Search button are working. Windows 10.: This morning I found that neither button is working. When I hover over the Windows button, it says Start, but does not otherwise function. Not by left-clicking, not by right-clicking. When I left-click on the Search button, nothing happens. When I right-click on it, I get a...
  8. Taskbar Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search Bar Not Working: I think after I downloaded Windows 10 2004, my search bar stopped working. Firstly, it's not the full-size search bar anymore. It's just the search icon. I want it to be the full-size search bar, but when I right-click and view the options, there is no option to make it...
  9. Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working: I recently installed a new ssd but since ive lost permissions and since changing that ive lost the ability to use the taskbar on my desktop. Ive already tried restarting windows expporer and ran scans on both command promt and powershell and its telling me 67 things dont...
  10. My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work: So I have an old laptop that I like to bring around with me to use and play video games on and recently I can not click left click anything on my taskbar or the windows button. Pressing the actual windows key does not work either and when I go to change the sound or connect...