Windows 10: After Anniversary Update, No Windows Hello in Account Setup

Discus and support After Anniversary Update, No Windows Hello in Account Setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did the anniversary update last week, went to settings>Sign-in options and no "Windows Hello". I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wesweber, Aug 30, 2016.

1. wesweber Win User

After Anniversary Update, No Windows Hello in Account Setup

I did the anniversary update last week, went to settings>Sign-in options and no "Windows Hello".
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 build 10586.545

What's up with this?

:)

wesweber, Aug 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 1703 Bug - Adding Microsoft Account

Hi,

I've got a problem i would like to report with the new Windows 10 Creators update version 1703.

I had to do a reinstallation of Windows as Windows files got corrupt during the upgrade.

So i done a clean install of Windows and i installed all of the latest Windows updates available.

I was switching my local account to a microsoft account. It was going well, until after it asked me to input my current password.

Windows brought up a screen of setting up my sign in with Windows Hello. As that screen popped up, windows explorer crashed, causing me to sign out and log back in.

After i logged back in, i went to finish setting up my microsoft account, and it notified me that Windows Hello is not compatible with my device.

I then was able to verify my identity and set up a pin.

When i did my account on the Anniversary update, it only asked me to set up a pin number after setup of my microsoft account.

If windows hello is not compatible, then it shouldnt bring up that screen and crash explorer

Thanks.

Leo Maneke, Aug 30, 2016
  3. [Avnit] Win User
    Product key after Anniversary Update

Hello,

There is a question that taunting my mind after the Anniversary Update. Do the product key is saved in my email account that is used in Windows ? What if I uninstall and install Windows 10 again and use the same email account ? Will the Windows be activated
    again ?

If no, then how do I use the same product key after installing Windows 10 again ?

[Avnit], Aug 30, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

you do not update to the anniversary update, just another update from the November update. The anniversary update carries the current version number 1607 build 14393.82 . THAT is the anniversary update

Grizzly, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

1. After Anniversary Update, No Windows Hello in Account Setup - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Hello

2. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Setup: I am using Dell Latitude 5490 Laptop, OS windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build.Build in Camera Realteck Driver updated.while trying to setup windows hello after PIN face recognition is not appearing. Yeah Microsoft! please Help...
  3. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Setup: I am using Dell Latitude 5490 Laptop, OS windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build.Build in Camera Realteck Driver updated.while trying to setup windows hello after PIN face recognition is not appearing. Yeah Microsoft! please Help...
  4. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows hello setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello setup: I have a 6-year old toshiba notebook running on windows 10. Recently I see available the option of using face recognition to sign in. However, the setup cannot be completed because Windows Hello Face is not able to turn on the camera on PC. My camera is working in other Apps....
  6. windows hello setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello setup: I have a 6-year old toshiba notebook running on windows 10. Recently I see available the option of using face recognition to sign in. However, the setup cannot be completed because Windows Hello Face is not able to turn on the camera on PC. My camera is working in other Apps....
  7. windows hello setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Anniversary Update Account picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary Update Account picture: Anniversary Update I have account picture in lock screen when I need a password to login.If I use no password needed to login I have no picture. Is there a fix for this or is it a bug? 58619
  9. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...