Windows 10: After Anniversary update performance drop

Discus and support After Anniversary update performance drop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ponura89, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Ponura89 Win User

After Anniversary update performance drop

Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit on SSD with my i5 4690k, 16Gb rams OCed to 2400, MB Asus Z97.

:)

Ponura89, Aug 24, 2017

2. Performance(FPS) drop after anniversary update on windows 10

Hi,

after anniversary update most of the games become unplayable because of massive FPS drop. After some research i found out most people blame xbox app DVR being turn on again after update. I dont have MS account so i didnt even know about DVR and before update
    every thing worked fine. I've searched many solutions including

- reverting to older Nvidia driver helped some but not me

- removing whole xbox app using DISM from my system

- changing registry values for DVR everywhere where you can find

All this steps didnt help me so i created MS account and disabled DVR from Xbox app but still no result

in the end Black ops 1 zombies from steam went from solid 90 FPS to astounding 24 in menu and gameplay gets everywhere from 10 to 90 FPS(i noticed that game just choke when i see everything looking in the corner gives solid 60FPS why no 90?).

so can you give me something else?? i found the clean boot(for sake of it i tried didnt help) answer but thats not the case i have like 4 app running at boot and i can tell its none of them(fraps, realtek driver, java update and f.lux)

anything else because i'm leaning towards fresh start if i dont find anything usefull

GPU: Nvidia GTX950 latest drivers

sorry for chaotic construction just adding more info while i type

Best Regards

NoNeedNick, Aug 24, 2017
  3. Performance(FPS) drop after anniversary update on windows 10

Did you ever find a fix? I think others are having this issue too. You can also check over at the geforce forums or overclock.net for similar issues.

Charles IS, Aug 24, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

AU is an old version and was known for freezing issues. Upgrade to latest version and see if issue goes away.

cereberus, Aug 24, 2017
  5. Ponura89 Win User
    Checked and updated all today and it seems that my device is up to date. Now I get freezing on startup.

Ponura89, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Ponura89 Win User
    Edit:
    issue after updates looks more complex. Freezing happens occasionally but I spotted process cmdagent.exe that utilize 25% of CPU followed by other processes while in frozen state. After minute it disappears. And hdd is reading like mad also.

Ponura89, Aug 31, 2017
  7. High sustained HDD reads that are unexplained can signify the start of HDD failure.

My suggestion is:
    Open a admin command propmpt and run: chkdsk C: /X /R.

It will ask to schedule the check for the next restart. Say yes, then restart and see what this comes up with. If your HDD is failing, this will likely come up with errors pertaining to bad blocks on the disk. If it comes up with something else, like file system corruption, or even nothing at all, run also from a admin command prompt:

sfc /scannow

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Anniversary update performance drop - Similar Threads - Anniversary update performance

2. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  3. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  4. Weird performance drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird performance drop: This used to never happen to me. My game is constantly getting 15 or under FPS, when I usually get 60 with the same amount of CPU, GPU and Memory usage. Also even if I restart the game it will still have the same problem, and I actually have to restart the whole laptop. Even...
  5. Weird performance drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird performance drop: This used to never happen to me. My game is constantly getting 15 or under FPS, when I usually get 60 with the same amount of CPU, GPU and Memory usage. Also even if I restart the game it will still have the same problem, and I actually have to restart the whole laptop. Even...
  6. Huge performance drop on laptop after update KB5003173

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Huge performance drop on laptop after update KB5003173: Hello,After an overnight update which was KB5003173, my laptop is dramatically slow. Navigating websites has slowed down dramatically, desktop apps are stuttering , laptop freezes sometimes even the startup is extremely slow. Games fall below 30 FPS. This behavior was not...
  7. Performance Drop after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Drop after Windows 10 Update: I just built a new pc on 3/28 and I've had super high performance on programs like Autodesk Maya and Clip Studio Paint as well as games like Starcraft 2. Yesterday, on 3/31 I got a windows update and, when it finished, I noticed that all of my frame rates dropped from a max...
  8. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  9. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...