Windows 10: After applying Win10 Update 2004 my games do not open in full screen

Discus and support After applying Win10 Update 2004 my games do not open in full screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Was playing games earlier today. Saw that an update was ready and allowed it to download and install. After installation, I can't get my games to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveHiggins2, Aug 6, 2020.

1. After applying Win10 Update 2004 my games do not open in full screen

Was playing games earlier today. Saw that an update was ready and allowed it to download and install. After installation, I can't get my games to run in full screen anymore when they were doing it before update. Games are in full screen mode already - and have been all along. It was the installation of the update that caused this problem.

:)

SteveHiggins2, Aug 6, 2020

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 6, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 6, 2020
  4. After applying Win10 Update 2004 my games do not open in full screen

Full screen in games doesn't work after the new update

Hello,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with full screen in games doesn’t work after the new update on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to outdated display drivers or corrupted drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Try to reboot the system and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Also refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

After applying Win10 Update 2004 my games do not open in full screen

1. After applying Win10 Update 2004 my games do not open in full screen - Similar Threads - applying Win10 Update

2. My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...: My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the full screen, I can see the start at and use it with the mouse, note the screen is not windowed it's full screen but it is smaller than the size of the screen yeah and I can see half of my...
  3. My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...: My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the full screen, I can see the start at and use it with the mouse, note the screen is not windowed it's full screen but it is smaller than the size of the screen yeah and I can see half of my...
  4. Microsoft To Do - not working after Win10 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft To Do - not working after Win10 2004 Update: I've been using To Do on Win10 for some time - also use on my Android device. After upgrading to Win10 2004, this product would not open, so I uninstalled in hopes of reinstalling. App store does nothing when I try install the app. Help! Thanks....
  5. Win10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update 2004: Beim Update auf win10 2004 kommt die Fehlermeldung 0x80242016. was soll ich tun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-2004/0c0cbcb0-f31f-4073-8772-5d89278bd74a
  6. Programs not opening after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening after 2004 update: Hi there I recently updated my computer to the latest 2004 build, to be honest I did it without thinking, windows update is telling me to install, have no reason to disagree with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE! So after 3 attempts at the update which all came down to an external...
  7. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  8. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  9. Games crashing after switching to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after switching to full screen: When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution in windows as in game. I run windows at 1920x1080 which is my resolution of monitor but it gets fixed if I change to 1280x768...
  10. My games in full-screen minimizes by itself whenever I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games in full-screen minimizes by itself whenever I open it: Help me! Opening my games is not a problem at all, It's not minimizing at first, but when I plug in my headphones this pops up: [img] "And then I'll check Headphone and then click OK" [img] But when I open up my games again, it keeps minimizing! It's so...