Windows 10: After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the...

Discus and support After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Team, We have a WCF service that is hosted at the production server as well as my local machine, Previously I was able to communicate my local... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AkramAhmedQadri, Aug 2, 2020.

1. After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the...

Hello Team,

We have a WCF service that is hosted at the production server as well as my local machine, Previously I was able to communicate my local WCF service through our Web applicationMVC over the net.tcp as well as the http, but after the installing the update of KB4565627 CVE-2020-1147 I am not able to communicate and getting the below errors. I have uninstalled the update and tried to communicate again then successfully able to connect the WCF service.

Could you plz help me to resolve the WCF connection issue along with the security update.

Following errors while communicating WCF through Web ApplicationMVC :
    Through net.tcp - There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://localhost.company.com/WCFHost/Service1.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details

Through HTTP - There was no endpoint listening at http://localhost.company.com/WCFHost/Service1.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details

Please find the attached files for the reference.

After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the... [​IMG]

After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the... [​IMG]After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the... [​IMG]

:)

AkramAhmedQadri, Aug 2, 2020

2. a call from WCF Client using a distributed transaction on one workstaion blocks all WCF Clients that use the same WCF Service from different workstation for an extended period of time?

Aside from removing the TransactionScope created on the WCF client (and effectively taking msdtc out of the picture), Is there an alternate way to avoid the excessively long WCF-service-wide hang when a single workstation hosting
    the WCF client is misconfigured (or experiencing communications issues)?

We have a simple WCF service implemented using C#, and a simple WCF Client which creates TransactionScope before invoking the WCF service proxy.

Both work fine as far as concurrency goes if Windows Firewall allows TCP communication from/to msdtc.exe thru firewall. However if a single workstation is misconfigured (i.e. has firewall enabled, and has an Inbound Rule for TCP for msdtc.exe disabled),
    its attempt to communicate with the service will block all other WCF clients (which are properly configured) from communicating with the WCF Service for at least 41 seconds (given the currect settings for TCP retransmissions), despite us using much shorter
    timeout settings for the WCF binding as well as for the TransactionScope timeout.

The WCF service is decorated with

[System.ServiceModel.ServiceBehavior(

InstanceContextMode = System.ServiceModel.InstanceContextMode.PerCall,

ReleaseServiceInstanceOnTransactionComplete = false,

ConcurrencyMode = System.ServiceModel.ConcurrencyMode.Multiple,

IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults = false,

TransactionTimeout = "00:00:13"

)

The WCF service has a single operation contract, decorated with [System.ServiceModel.TransactionFlow(System.ServiceModel.TransactionFlowOption.Mandatory)] in the class interface.In the class itself, the same method is decorated with [System.ServiceModel.OperationBehavior(TransactionScopeRequired
    = true)].

The WCF service is hosted using a Windows console application which uses a netTcpBinding configured with transactionFlow="true" transactionProtocol="OleTransactions" sendTimeout="00:00:20" receiveTimeout="00:00:20"

The service is accessed from a Windows Forms client application configured with the following values for its netTcpBinding:

transactionFlow="true"

transactionProtocol="OleTransactions"

transferMode="Streamed"

sendTimeout="00:00:20"

receiveTimeout="00:00:20"

Jiri S Wpg, Aug 2, 2020
  3. RajeshJIL Win User
    Windows WCF Service Concurrency

Hi,

I am rajesh from chennai, We have created WCF Service and hosted as Windows Service, the service don't response on concurrency mode (we have added concurrency mode as multiple and percall instance). when limited users are accessing the service it works fine,
    but on multiple access (more than 50 users) , the service don't respond and after restarting service, it works. can you please suggest any settings have been missed out / misconfigured.

RajeshJIL, Aug 2, 2020
  4. After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the...

WCF rest service template

How do you add the WCF rest Service template to Visual Studio 2015?

Mike Bullen, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the...

1. After applying windows updateKB4565627, Unable to communicate the WCF service from the... - Similar Threads - applying updateKB4565627 Unable

2. wcf ssl3 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wcf ssl3 and windows 11: Our customer has an installation of about 70 wcf services running sslStreamSecurity sslProtocols="Ssl3" on operating systems W2012 to W2022. He also has about 300 wpf clients connecting to these services.In addition, the certificates used in the system have md5...
  3. wcf ssl3 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wcf ssl3 and windows 11: Our customer has an installation of about 70 wcf services running sslStreamSecurity sslProtocols="Ssl3" on operating systems W2012 to W2022. He also has about 300 wpf clients connecting to these services.In addition, the certificates used in the system have md5...
  4. Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating: This has happened before with a different update, I reset my TCPIP and winsock/flush dns and it worked, yet this has happened again.Just had a Windows Update on July 21, after a few days I get no connectivity to microsoft websites or services thus no troubleshooters.-...
  5. Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating: This has happened before with a different update, I reset my TCPIP and winsock/flush dns and it worked, yet this has happened again.Just had a Windows Update on July 21, after a few days I get no connectivity to microsoft websites or services thus no troubleshooters.-...
  6. Communicating with online services Formula 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Communicating with online services Formula 1: When i open F1 in pc it's from the microsoft store, it stays in a screen that says communicating with online services and it dont move anymore, so i can not play, does someone now what can i do? pls...
  7. "Unable to communicate with printer" message - I don't WANT to communicate with it!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Unable to communicate with printer" message - I don't WANT to communicate with it!: We use our printer very infrequently and thus leave it unplugged most of the time. This seems to bother the computer, which gives us this message every 10 minutes or so. Is there a way I can have the message disabled? When we do want to print, we can plug the printer in...
  8. WCF Tracing File deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WCF Tracing File deletion: There is a WCF Tracing file on one of our servers in C:\ProgramData that is 44GB. It was not set up by me, but by a predecessor, I assume. My lead IT Admin and I are searching for answers as to whether or not we can delete that file and not screw up the server. We both...
  9. Unable to apply ClearType setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to apply ClearType setting: I have tried applying ClearType several times, but every time I launch the set-up, the settings are reverted to its default values. I also noticed there's no difference before or after configuring ClearType. I tried launching the set-up as administrator but I still didn't...
  10. Communication service proces faled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Communication service proces faled: In Dutch please: Als ik start komt het venster "Communication service process faled. Tray cannot start. Hoe los ik dit op? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/communication-service-proces-faled/2df48bac-b456-493c-b685-063d2860ca08
Tags: