Windows 10: After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects

Discus and support After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have observed upon installation of VPN such as ProtonVPN the disconnection with Wifi occurs again. Why does the update block VPN's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Axesh Ajmera, May 29, 2019.

1. After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects

I have observed upon installation of VPN such as ProtonVPN the disconnection with Wifi occurs again. Why does the update block VPN's

:)

Axesh Ajmera, May 29, 2019

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, May 29, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects

Update Windows 10 to 1809 manually

It's been a while after Microsoft released an update to fix issues in the initial Windows 10 1809 update. But the page where we can download the updates as standalone packages still has a hole instead of download link to the 1809.17763.1 version package:

After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects IrC85.png

Windows 10 Update Assistant page is useless as well, since it offers to download April 2018 Update, lol.

So, I can't update my 1803.17134.376 to 1809 even after more than a month since it's initially was released.

(Of course, "drastically improved" Windows Update doesn't suggest the 1809 update, too. Actually, it has been never working on this Win 10 copy, so I used to download all the updates manually via the first link in this post.)

Has anybody figured out a way of how to manually update from 1803 to 1809?

Without hardcore stuff, please, like making bootable media which potentially would have a great chance of destroying the currently installed Win 10 copy After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects :)

UPDATE: I was completely confused by that "Microsoft recommends" wording near the 1809 update on that page and some top articles in Google saying that it was released and ready for production with that quick patch. So, this question is from this confusion.

Thanks to comments below and @music2myear answer, it's clear now that 1809 is still not released. So, there is no point in update attempts (at least for me) at the moment.

Alexander Abakumov, May 29, 2019
Thema:

After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects

1. After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects - Similar Threads - April 1809 Update

2. wifi disconnection after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi disconnection after update: After the latest update, my WIFI keeps disconnecting everytime I play any online games. After disconnection, I can't connect back, a restart or two is needed before reconnection is possible. During browsing and other online activities its working fine....
  3. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  4. WiFi constantly disconnecting after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi constantly disconnecting after Win10 update: I have automatic updates on so I don't know what did it but a few days ago my internet started to connect and disconnect several times a minute and when I am connected to the internet, SpeedTest (when it doesn't get interrupted) shows that I'm only getting half the download...
  5. WiFi disconnects after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disconnects after updating Windows: Hi I upgraded my version of Windows 7 to Windows 10 on release day. After about a month or two of using it I completely disabled Windows Update and never had a problem with anything until recently which required me to update Windows. I updated it, and now about 30-60...
  6. Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update

Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update: Split from this thread. This update has an issue, when i plugged internet cable then wifi turned off automatically, I don't want to turn off wifi, because i have to make laptop hotspot so that i can connect my cell phones. this update not allows me to turn on wifi while...
  7. wifi and ethernet disconnect after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi and ethernet disconnect after 1903 update: I got a call from support 45 min ago and the case number above. But after 42 min in the loop I gave up on technical support. I did everything what you see below. Still wifi and ethernet disconnects randomly and must be reconnect manually for wifi and ethernet by re-plug in...
  8. WiFi breaks after Windows 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi breaks after Windows 10 1809 update: Split from this thread. MSI Titan GT80 SLI, was running Win10 1803, just bumped me to 1809 an hour ago. I thought for sure the driver issue was solved as it nuked my wi-fi ability in October disaster and no. The same thing happened. I quickly downloaded the wifi drivers and...
  9. After April update WiFi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After April update WiFi icon not showing: Hai I have updated April update ( version 1803,os build 17134.137) I don't face any problem intially but recently after some updates I am not able to use Wi-Fi it's disappeared even it's not showing in device manager,I tried several solution including. Reinstall OS and...
  10. WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update: Hello, I have an interesting problem that I need help solving. The short of it is that at random times my home WIFI disappears. Like, if you look at the available other networks, it is not there. It would appear again after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wondows 1809 and mifi disconnects

2. windows 10 1809 wifi disconnect