Windows 10: After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.

Discus and support After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have used my laptop for a few years and I currently run Windows 11. I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I had two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emf, Oct 13, 2022.

1. EMF
    emf Win User

After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.

Hello, I have used my laptop for a few years and I currently run Windows 11. I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I had two problems. 1 I receive "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." 2. When I attempt to use my password, my computer says my password is incorrect. I've tried my laptop password and my Windows account. Nothing works. I was having problems with a software program so I decided to try Safe Mode with Networking. I was able to enter my bitlocker code without a problem, but immediately afterwards I was unable to

:)

2. Safe Mode _ Incorrect Pin

im in safe mode and windows wont accept my pin, it says incorrect password although its the correct one.

in normal mode it works normally

DerarTarshihi, Oct 13, 2022
  3. JohJef485 Win User
    in safe mode my password is denied

I have same issue.

When restarting in Safe Mode I encounter the usual logon format but this time it asks for the password not the PIN which is used on normal starts.

Whilst in Safe Mode the password and PIN are shown as being "incorrect".

I have searched this site before and found the response from Engelsen Fad dated Feb 4 2017 which I have tried without success.

What else can I do?? I need to be in safe mode but I am prevented by Windows10.

To isolate the concern, we suggest that you reset the password of your Microsoft account through this link before re-attempting to sign in.

You may also follow the steps below to make sure that you are typing the correct password.

1. Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.
    2. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    3. When you reach login screen, press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list. or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from
      the list.
    4. Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    5. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

JohJef485, Oct 13, 2022
  4. After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.

Windows 10 on safe mode is looked (password incorrect)

My laptop entered in the safe mode, but I don´t remember my Microsoft Password. I already used other computer to change the password the message "Password incorrect" still appearing.

Going to Troubleshoot mode (with Restart/Shift) doesn't help because when I'm trying to get to a command prompt Win is keeping asking me for a PIN which is not accessible because network driver doesn't see the network. Suggestions?

Observation: My Laptop is showing that there is no acess to the internet

Eduardo_2017, Oct 13, 2022
Thema:

After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.

1. After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect. - Similar Threads - attempting Safe Mode

2. After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After attempting Safe Mode, my PIN is missing and my password is incorrect.: Hello, I have used my laptop for a few years and I currently run Windows 11. I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I had two problems. 1 I receive "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." 2. When I attempt to...
  3. safe mode Password incorrect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode Password incorrect?: this morning I opened my laptop it was working just fine the night before and while it was still booting I accidentally clicked f8 not sure if it has to do with anything so when I tried to log in it keeps telling me my password is incorrect, I’ve tried to restart it and turn...
  4. Safe mode - incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode - incorrect password: After booting in safe mode on windows 10, I am unable to login because it is saying 'incorrect password' even if I enter my current correct password. I came to know that I should use my first Microsoft account password.. Which I forgot long ago. Is there any way to get that...
  5. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode: I had entered Safe Mode in hopes of fixing an issue I was having with my Bluetooth, however, I am unable to sign in with my password on the login screen. I did not set up the option to use my Microsoft account as a way to sign in and only use my PIN. I have not created a...
  6. Incorrect password in Safe Mode

Incorrect password in Safe Mode: I'm using Windows 10 1909. This is a fresh installation/system restore. I log into windows using my Microsoft account, and use Windows Hello and have configured a PIN. I needed to boot into Safe Mode, and at the login screen it displayed my name. I entered my Microsoft...
  7. Safe mode password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode password incorrect: I have been having the worst experience ever because of no internet connection detected in aafe mode even with internet option enabled , i can't use my pc because windows won't accept my god damn password . At this point i wanna know whats the god damn problem with providing...
  8. Incorrect password in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect password in safe mode.: After updating my graphics driver my pc froze. I then force restarted it, the company logo appeared and then the blank screen. I restarted it couple of times again and i found safe mode. But whenever I type my password it shows incorrect. I'm not able to uninstall the driver...
  9. Safe Mode incorrect pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode incorrect pin: I'm in safe mode no network. It will not accept my password. I've tried restart, shift key, but when I get to troubleshoot it asked for my password again and says incorrect. I can't go any further. Any solutions?...
  10. My password says its incorrect in safe Mode

My password says its incorrect in safe Mode: So I have a file on my computer that I cant delete for some odd reason and I looked up ta tutorial how to do it and it requires me to go into safe mode and put my password in but it says its incorrect and ive changed the password but im wondering how do I remove the password...