Windows 10: After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...

Discus and support After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I ran bugcheck analysis from WinDbg, but now I'm not sure where to go now. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help. Here is the bugcheck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoshuaLi8, Jun 26, 2022.

1. JoshuaLi8 Win User

After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...

I ran bugcheck analysis from WinDbg, but now I'm not sure where to go now. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help. Here is the bugcheck analysis copy and pasted. 0: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************

:)

JoshuaLi8, Jun 26, 2022
  2. jrgoco Win User

Need help on driver verifier bsod

I had a bsod 0x1000007E and did the sfc /scannow and dism steps and ran chkdsk then memtest. Everything checks out so I tried running driver verifier and after logging in i got this bsod SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 0x1000007E.
    Could I please request assistance in figuring out the minidump generated by the verifier? Uploaded the minidumps on one drive

minidumps

jrgoco, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Windows Driver Verifier BSOD

I took the WinTV card out of my computer and ran driver verifier again but didn't have it check dfx12x64.sys. Still got an immediate BSOD which BlueScreenView reported as being caused by wdcsam64.sys. Ran driver verifier again and didn't have it check either of those two, this time I got a BSOD that BlueScreenView reported as being caused by rtwlanu.sys (I've included that crash dump - the previous one got deleted when I had to use system restore to disable driver verifier). Ran driver verifier again and excluded all 3 of those from the list of drivers to check and finally didn't get a BSOD. So what the heck does that mean? Driver verifier's given me BSODs for 5 different drivers now. I'm about to just give up and go back to Windows 7.

Metaphorce, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Peaj Win User

After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...

Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

OK I'm going to keep this thread updated as I go through troubleshooting this issue.

As I have received no help with my minidumps, I am going through the process of learning to do it myself.

This seems
    like a good guide to learn the very basics.

What has happened so far:

• New computer build, unstable windows install, slowly degrades to where the computer is unusable. Happens on multiple clean installs.
    • Continuous error and critical messages in Event Viewer, some events of note are:
      • Event 219 Kernel-PnP, failed to load driver
      • Event 7031 service control manager (dozens on start up)
    • First crash will happen on start up and it eventually degrades with below events.
      • Event 5 kernel general
      • Event 2 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 3 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 29 kernel-boot
    • Tested hardware - no faults found
    • Ran Driver Verifier and Windows will keep crashing with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION until Driver Verifier is reset in safe mode
    • Started this thread, PC became too unstable and had to do a system restore, restore had minimal changes (see above)
    • Have not installed the applications and drivers removed after system restore.
    • PC is heading down same road again, BSOD now appearing on startup.
    • Ran Driver Verifier again - same resuslts
    • Installed WinDBG to start analyzing new dumps from crashes that have been happening on startup.
      • dump 1 - pool_corruption
      • dump 2 - memory_corruption
      • dump 3 - memory_corruption
      • dump 4 - ntkrnlmp.exe
    From the limited knowledge I got from the guide the only information I can get from WinDBG is shown above.

So that's where I am at the moment. My next step is to run Driver Verifier again and see what I can find.

Thema:

1. After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to... - Similar Threads - attempting fix consistent

2. Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause: Hey everyone! So recently my computer has been running into a consistent BSOD issue Have had system for about 2 years now and this is just now happening.I have done the steps others recommended in other forums: Reset OS, did a memtest checked good., updated bios, updated...
  3. Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause: Hey everyone! So recently my computer has been running into a consistent BSOD issue Have had system for about 2 years now and this is just now happening.I have done the steps others recommended in other forums: Reset OS, did a memtest checked good., updated bios, updated...
  4. Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...: I ran bugcheck analysis from WinDbg, but now I'm not sure where to go now. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help. Here is the bugcheck analysis copy and pasted. 0: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** **...
  6. After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...

After attempting to fix consistent BSODs, I ran driver verifier and need help with what to...: I ran bugcheck analysis from WinDbg, but now I'm not sure where to go now. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help. Here is the bugcheck analysis copy and pasted. 0: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** **...
  7. Hard Reboot - Ran Driver Verifier & Need Help Understanding Offending Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Reboot - Ran Driver Verifier & Need Help Understanding Offending Driver: Hello, I've been experiencing hard reboots when my monitor changes back and forth from HDR - SDR and between refresh rates. I followed the process for tracking down a mis-behaving drive with driver verifier and could use help reading/understanding what's causing the...
  8. Need help on driver verifier bsod

Need help on driver verifier bsod: I had a bsod 0x1000007E and did the sfc /scannow and dism steps and ran chkdsk then memtest. Everything checks out so I tried running driver verifier and after logging in i got this bsod SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 0x1000007E. Could I please request assistance in...
  9. I ran Driver Verifier but I don't know which driver is casuing BSOD. Please help!

I ran Driver Verifier but I don't know which driver is casuing BSOD. Please help!: I ran Driver Verifier to check which driver is causing my computer to malfunction. When I reboot my computer to activate Driver Verifier, it just blue screened with the stop code, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. It repeated until the system tried automatic repair. I...
  10. BSOD after Driver Verifier

BSOD after Driver Verifier: Been trying to find out why my system was bogging down to a halt sometimes after I did the October Update a few days ago. Here is my original thread about the issue. Log: DESKTOP-BL497SV-(2019-02-26_20-18-10).zip 127883