Windows 10: After AU: TaskManager's "CPU meter" in taskbar notification area gone

Discus and support After AU: TaskManager's "CPU meter" in taskbar notification area gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Prior to update, when I had task manager open, the notification area would have a 'cpu usage meter' in it. It's gone now. How can I get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aure, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Aure Win User

After AU: TaskManager's "CPU meter" in taskbar notification area gone

Prior to update,
    when I had task manager open,
    the notification area would have a 'cpu usage meter' in it.

It's gone now.

How can I get it back, or do I have to install a 3rd party app?

:)

2. ¡Firedog Win User

Show Desktop Icon

On my machine, the Show desktop button is about 50% taller after I deselect
    Use small taskbar buttons.

¡Firedog, Aug 19, 2016
  3. KFCh Win User
    Cannot turn off Microsoft family features and Cannot remove the taskbar notification icon

In my Microsoft Family page there is already no one listed and all I am alwed to do is to add a family member so there is nothing that can be done there and I can't opt out of this. Then, in my Windows taskbar notification area this icon saying "your
    family is using Microsoft Member features" keeps staying there, even though in "Settings -> Personalization -> Task Bar -> Notification Area -> Select which icons appear on the taskbar" the "Family Safety Monitor" option is turned off. It is obviously a bug
    in both the family settings webpage and with the taskbar notification icons. There are so many posts on the internet about this problem and all Microsoft can say is to remove family members in the Family page - it does not work!

4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I'd guess if you go here in Settings

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

After AU: TaskManager's "CPU meter" in taskbar notification area gone [​IMG]

You will find the setting is off. Change it to on. Hopefully your icon will reappear.

(When it's off you could also try left clicking the ^ in the notification area and you should see it in the group of icons displayed).

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Aure Win User
    Setting is on. Was always on.

So is "Always show everything".

Doesn't work.

Any further ideas?

6. Aure Win User
    It's there now that I restarted Task Manager. Weird.

I think Task Manager bugged out and needed a restart. I usually leave it running permanently.

Aure, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After AU: TaskManager's "CPU meter" in taskbar notification area gone - Similar Threads - TaskManager's CPU meter

2. Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off: Hello, first time asking here but this has been annoying me for an hour. How do I fix this? I recently updated to windows 11 so I changed a few values on the registry editor to put my taskbar on the top and also made the icons smaller so that the taskbar is smaller but the...
  3. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  4. Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Notification Area: Why has the the Weather App started appearing in the notification area of the taskbar?I do NOT want it - how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-notification-area/c6ff6f42-47bf-44a5-8493-52c6d2aca9a5
  5. Notification area of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area of taskbar: I cannot get the icons for volume, network, Norton/Defender status, or even the "up arrow" for hidden items to show on the taskbar??? The clock does show. I tried all of the obvious settings. ?????...
  6. Items in notification area of taskbar not opening.

Items in notification area of taskbar not opening.: Hi there, Had a call from a customer saying that they were connected to the wrong internet connection and couldn't change their connection. Upon checking their PC, I could not open notifications, date and time, volume or network connections from the bottom-right section of...
  7. Format the taskbar notification area

Format the taskbar notification area: How can I change the format of the date in the taskbar notifications area? Just want to be shown the time and date together without making the taskbar twice bigger in high?...
  8. Notification area on taskbar

Notification area on taskbar: I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm calling the clock/date, speaker...
  9. Taskbar notification area issue

Taskbar notification area issue: I have 2 monitors and one of them is often in full screen mode (movie/game/program) so needless to say it's not possible to quickly access the applications on the taskbar's system tray. Although I have forced windows to show the task bar on every monitor, only one monitor...
  10. Taskbar notification area how to enlarge?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar notification area how to enlarge?: The task bar notification area (to be use I'm talking about the right place the date time area to the right with sound and network icons) this area is too small and the icons stack up making two rows thereby making the task bar to thick. How do you increase the area of the...