Windows 10: After August update Hyper-v Win10VM crashes when connecting via RDP

Discus and support After August update Hyper-v Win10VM crashes when connecting via RDP in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Can anyone confirm this problem? Windows 10 (1903) all updates running Hyper-V (gen2) windows 10 (1903) all updates VM. When connecting via RDP (using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by VBJP, Aug 18, 2019.

1. VBJP Win User

After August update Hyper-v Win10VM crashes when connecting via RDP

Can anyone confirm this problem?
    Windows 10 (1903) all updates running Hyper-V (gen2) windows 10 (1903) all updates VM.
    When connecting via RDP (using windows remote desktop connection application) to that VM, it just crashes, in Hyper-v manager it shows constant 12% cpu usage and I can't connect to it or shutdown it, only forcefully shuting it down via "Turn off..." option works.
    Physical PCs RDP work just fine.
    All my windows 10 VMs with august update shows same behavior, if I roll back to snapshot before update it works fine.

:)

2. Andy Hamp Win User

Hyper-V causes "stutter" from RDP sessions

I have a laptop (Lenovo P51 for reference) that I installed Hyper-V onto so that I could used Docker for Windows.

I always connect to this machine via RDP, but since the install of hyper-v i get a stutter when typing in documents/webpages etc (Not talking about the VM... this is on the base machine). To me it seems like it's a networking issue but could be completely
    wrong here.

Running with Hyper-V disabled makes no difference.

Removing Hyper-V solves the problem.

Using the laptop directly (not via RDP) no issues are seen .. Network is Gigabit wired ethernet, machines are both on the same switch.

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be and any potential solutions ?

Thx ... Andy

Andy Hamp, Aug 18, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

Hi folks

Using RDP to access Linux VM in HYPER-V allows full screen etc - the standard connection method in connect from the HYPER-V menu doesn't have re-sizeable windows and screws up royally with large displays.

On the Linux machine install xrdp and togervnc-server, Start xrdp and then from windows logon to the VM via RDP

After August update Hyper-v Win10VM crashes when connecting via RDP [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 18, 2019
  4. kebero Win User

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on that vSwitch.

kebero, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. After August update Hyper-v Win10VM crashes when connecting via RDP - Similar Threads - August update Hyper

2. Hyper-V crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V crash: I been going to school for IT and want to activate hyper-v in my computer. As soon as it had to restart up I can log in with my password then the computer crashes every 30 seconds. I had to do a complete reboot and it never crash after. But when Ingot tonthis comper tech...
  3. DWM crashing intermittently when connected via RDP on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM crashing intermittently when connected via RDP on windows 10: I'm using a remote destop and DWM is crashing on remote machine, disconnecting the RDP session and wiping all the open windows, forcing me to start over when reconnecting to the machine. The machine itself is still operational and responsive. The DWM is a candidate culprit,...
  4. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  5. Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Windows to Linux RDC RDP no connection after Xorg loging: I have followed Kari's guide video to setup a Windows host to Linux Mint RDC. I get to the RDC login but then after a minute or so I get connection failed, here's the screenshot. It says login successful but then connection problem, 'some problem', very useful info... Does...
  6. Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.

Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.: Not a big deal as easy enough to get round issue but I discovered something odd when using rdp. I have a vm and in enhanced mode, it is sett up to show host drives in the VM and this works fine. If I remote connect to Host using Splashtop, I can see the Host drives in...
  7. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  8. Error when installing Hyper-V

Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  9. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  10. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!: Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs. This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway. cheers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v machines hang after disconnecting rdp