Windows 10: After auto update, all work office document files are missing

Discus and support After auto update, all work office document files are missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent auto update my desktop changed and all my work files are gone. hardrive capacity shows they're still somewhere but for the life of me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neil_6812, May 18, 2020.

1. Neil_6812 Win User

After auto update, all work office document files are missing

After a recent auto update my desktop changed and all my work files are gone. hardrive capacity shows they're still somewhere but for the life of me they are missing.

:)

Neil_6812, May 18, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, May 18, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Dear Kari,

I can open Office documents normally when double-clicking in the file explorer. I also tried editing Word document in OneDrive and it seems to work fine.
    The only problem so far seems that I cannot open any Office document from the 'recent files' list...
    I also noticed that the Office icons are missing in my start menu (Windows 10), however on my taskbar the icons work fine.

After auto update, all work office document files are missing [​IMG]

-

esmorax, May 18, 2020
  4. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

After auto update, all work office document files are missing [​IMG]

-

esmorax, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. After auto update, all work office document files are missing - Similar Threads - auto update office

2. All my files are missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files are missing after update: On the title itself my files went missing after update. My PC is windows 11 and it has a lot of files. I really need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing-after-update/cc40aebb-dc97-4591-9562-5f7d0b7c2699
  3. All my files are missing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files are missing after update: On the title itself my files went missing after update. My PC is windows 11 and it has a lot of files. I really need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing-after-update/cc40aebb-dc97-4591-9562-5f7d0b7c2699
  4. File missing all the words in the document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  5. Office Documents Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Documents Icons Missing: I am running Win 10 19042.630 and for the last few months the icons for documents that are opened using Office such as docx, xlsx, pptx, etc. all just have a generic icon - used to be that they would have a Word or Excel etc. icon and then a few years back they switched to a...
  6. Missing documents after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing documents after update.: I did an "update and restart" 3 days ago. Now many of my files are missing. Some remain, but at least 2/3 are gone. I've tried the recommended restart 4 times, but no success. How do I recover these files?...
  7. Documents Missing After Windows Update

Documents Missing After Windows Update: Recently completed multiple Windows 10 updates and discovered that My Documents have vanished. They cannot be found while accessing C:Users/... . When using the File Explorer to search for the file name on my computer, I am only able to locate file shortcuts that do not...
  8. all files missing after update

all files missing after update: Went to shut the laptop down last night 1st July 2020 and message said windows update. It took nearly 3 hours to complete the update and when we opened up the laptop this morning EVERYTHING was wiped, no windows 365, no browsers, no excel, no word, no pictures. Checked in...
  9. documents missing after update?

documents missing after update?: how do I restore my documents after an update?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-missing-after-update/87d6d118-2530-4c5b-b740-f4082cd342cb
  10. Bluetooth is missing after auto update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is missing after auto update: When I went to sleep last night, my desktop had Bluetooth. When I woke up this morning, my computer had turned itself off after an automatic update. When I turned it back on, my Bluetooth devices wouldn't work. I clicked in and underneath the device it said, "Bluetooth off"....