Windows 10: after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep

Discus and support after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i try a lot of thing, but none of them works for me... after my laptop screen go off system won't ever go to sleep, I can "temporary" fix it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZupperClarke, Apr 24, 2020.

1. after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep

i try a lot of thing, but none of them works for me...

after my laptop screen go off system won't ever go to sleep, I can "temporary" fix it with "msconfig" and disableing ALL the servicies even the microsoft one and reboot, any advice? may english may be far from perfect, im sorry

:)

ZupperClarke, Apr 24, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Apr 24, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 24, 2020
  4. JCDrives Win User

after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep

Laptop won`t sleep

Hi everyone,

I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is turn the screen off. If I move the mouse or touch a key the screen turns back on as if nothing happened (even the start
    menu is open with the mouse cursor over the sleep button). But that is not all. When the laptop does decide to go to sleep, when I turn it back on it acts as if I turned it off and back on and closes everything I had open before it going to sleep.

I`ve already tried all the fixes I could find online and none of them worked.

To note about the laptop:

Asus ROG GL-551JW

I`ve installed a new SSD (240GB Crucial SSD) last September (old one died) and a new (directly from Microsoft) windows 10 install. The problem started about a month and a half after installing the SSD.

JCDrives, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep

1. after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep - Similar Threads - automatic sleep timer

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep Timer

Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  6. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  7. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: My windows 10 desktop pc won't go to sleep automatically. I've changed the power settings to put my screen and pc to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity but only my monitor goes to sleep. If i do it by the power button it goes to sleep immediately. There's no apps running as...
  9. Laptop won't go to sleep

Laptop won't go to sleep: Whenever I close the lid or manually tell my laptop to go to sleep the screen turns off but the computer is still running. The only way to turn it off is to hard press the power button and force it to shut down. If I start my pc in safe mode the same problem appears. Here...
  10. Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically

Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically: Hi all, After I upgraded to Windows 10, my system won't go to sleep automatically. The display will turn off after the idle time I've set but the computer remains on. I've tested with setting it to sleep after being idle for 1 minute, and only the display turns off. If I...