Windows 10: After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage. Laptop is not idle

Discus and support After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage. Laptop is not idle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Pissed off with windows 10 automatic update!! After windows 10 automatic update, my laptop is shutting down after usage of 1-2 hrs no fix duration.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AyushiGarg21, Jul 21, 2020.

1. After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage. Laptop is not idle

Pissed off with windows 10 automatic update!!

After windows 10 automatic update, my laptop is shutting down after usage of 1-2 hrs no fix duration. I have tried to change the power plan, the cooling feature on battery but it did not work for me. I have checked the event viewer logs and attaching the screenshot of 2 days both showing 6008 event id. If you guys can't provide the stable update why you giving the update. Please try to understand the value of customer's time patience and money. Never expected this from Microsoft. Really disheartening. Will never go for windows onward. I tried to connect with Microsoft customer service over call, and just driver updates done at your end and said that if issue still persist you need to check for hardware. If you software updates impacting hardware why do I pay for it? Its your humble responsibility to provide a stable release and if its causing issue to customer you have to provide solution for it not a suggestion that go and check for hardwareAs it is showing that your corrupted automatic updates breaking down my laptop and I am paying my money and time to resolve it -- NOT FAIR . Please give a solution on urgent basis. After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage.  Laptop is not idle 83d6627a-b935-4407-ac44-06ae3423319f?upload=true.png

After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage.  Laptop is not idle 6192e005-fe84-411d-a415-69e31a721aa7?upload=true.png After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage.  Laptop is not idle 0b9a37bc-6c79-4e70-87bf-847ac79dc91a?upload=true.png

:)

AyushiGarg21, Jul 21, 2020

2. Laptop is shutting down automatically after 7 mins

Laptop is shutting down automatically after 7 mins, after installing new update (windows 10).

Let me know the solution for this

MANIMEGALAI KARTHIC RAJ, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Nexaddo Win User
    MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Jul 21, 2020
  4. After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage. Laptop is not idle

laptop shuts down automatically

My laptop shuts down automatically while playing game (FIFA14) on battery...bt when I use ac adapter it is not happening...? while playing on adapter plugged in it works fine..bt after unplugged it shuts down automatically after 10-12 mins......i
    also tried it in windows 7 by reinstalling it and the problem continue..... is it my battery pblm or other?????

subhasisparija, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage. Laptop is not idle

1. After automatic windows 10 Update laptop shuts down in 1-2 hrs of usage. Laptop is not idle - Similar Threads - automatic Update laptop

2. Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.: Recently I reset the laptop in recovery and then a few days after the reset, I suddenly encountered a problem. While my laptop was sleeping, it suddenly shut down. Let's say that I left it idle and then when it went to sleep on its own after pressing the buttons to turn it on...
  3. Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.: Recently I reset the laptop in recovery and then a few days after the reset, I suddenly encountered a problem. While my laptop was sleeping, it suddenly shut down. Let's say that I left it idle and then when it went to sleep on its own after pressing the buttons to turn it on...
  4. Laptop Shut down Automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shut down Automatically.: I have updated my laptop drivers and from that my laptop shut down automatically when I run a bit of heavy software. even if I use google meet I face the same issue....
  5. Laptop Shut down Automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shut down Automatically.: I have updated my laptop drivers and from that my laptop shut down automatically when I run a bit of heavy software. even if I use google meet I face the same issue....
  6. Laptop Shut down Automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop shutting down automatically

Laptop shutting down automatically: My laptop is shutting down automatically. I don't think it's a high temperature issue because if I am actively using the machine, things seem okay. It's only when I leave it idle when the device shuts down. Sorry, I don't have a specific time/window when that happens. But...
  8. Laptop shutting down automatically

Laptop shutting down automatically: My Asus laptop has just started shutting down on it's own while I am still using it. Can someone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-automatically/021eaee6-0b80-4784-b33b-7a7205b1a69a
  9. Laptop Shut Down Automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Shut Down Automatically: I left Fortnite on installation and when I came back after 2-3 hours, My laptop was completely turned off. Any fixes? I have tried: Putting the Power Mode settings to never sleep Disabled my computer to turn off my network and USB Input Device Adapter. submitted by...
  10. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update: Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still...