Windows 10: After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge

Discus and support After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Spent about 2 or 3 hours researching online then about an hour here. After the Autumn Creators Update, my desktop icons will not go to the 'edge'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AceVentura, Nov 29, 2017.

1. After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge

Spent about 2 or 3 hours researching online then about an hour here.

After the Autumn Creators Update, my desktop icons will not go to the 'edge'. See below picture.
    Before, like on one of my pc's, it's like below -

After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge [​IMG]

The icons can be drug to the very bottom, which in fact hides the name of each icon. And you only see the icon.

After the update, cannot do this anymore. Can be drug to the edge, but the name still shows.

I've done the obvious as below - unchecked auto arrange & align.

After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge [​IMG]

Any answer or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

AceVentura, Nov 29, 2017
  2. Aminovos Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Dear community

After Windows 10 upgrade, I'm having a problem with desktop icons with large space between each other. Not to mention the desktop icons cannot go to the edge of the taskbar or to the edge of right screen. The desktop icons can only be placed like 5 centimeters
    from the edge of the taskbar and almost 3 centimeters from the edge of the right screen. Here is the picture with Recycle Bin and Chrome as only icons you can see: http://oi58.tinypic.com/x1dlza.jpg

I want my desktop icons to fit on edge on taskbar as well on edge of right screen like in Windows 7. And I also want not to have a large space between desktop icons, but just the same space between icons like in Windows 7. How can I do that?

Aminovos, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Aminovos Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Dear community

After Windows 10 upgrade, I'm having a problem with desktop icons with large space between each other. Not to mention the desktop icons cannot go to the edge of the taskbar or to the edge of right screen. The desktop icons can only be placed like 5 centimeters
    from the edge of the taskbar and almost 3 centimeters from the edge of the right screen. Here is the picture with Recycle Bin and Chrome as only icons you can see: http://oi58.tinypic.com/x1dlza.jpg

I want my desktop icons to fit on edge on taskbar as well on edge of right screen like in Windows 7. How can I do that?

Aminovos, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge

As shown on that right-click menu there is a hidden grid that the icons fit on. A lot depends upon the resolution used that is supported by the video card/adapter and the monitor. Usually a Desktop's monitor has a Menu button on the front or one edge the user opens to make adjustments on the monitor itself, most times the defaults are best. With all the adjustments available on the monitor and the computer it takes a bit of experimentation to get the results desired. For my HP 21.5" monitor and 4 computers [with 4 different operating systems] on a KVM I've found a resolution on all 4 of 1440x900 to be great. Setting text and icons to 125% is great for my older eyes.

Berton, Nov 30, 2017
  5. Thanks for your reply.
    But the resolution was not the problem.
    I've compared the update pc with a non-update pc, and there are tons of changes.
    Looks like I'll have to live with it.

Thanks again.

AceVentura, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge

1. After Autumn update - Desktop Icons will not go to the edge - Similar Threads - Autumn update Desktop

2. Desktop icons go crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons go crazy: Hi everyone, I am really tired of reinstalling windows every time. Can anyone help me with yet another problem? I was increasing the font size from the accessibility options. The desktop icons are now all on top of each other in the center of the top screen and cannot be...
  3. Desktop icons moving after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moving after update: Hello everyone. Recently updated my PC. Was one of the updates that says update and shutdown when powering off the PC. When I restarted the PC. All of my icons are bunched up in the corner all stacked up on each other. I cannot move them to where I want them on the desktop. I...
  4. Desktop icon after installation/update

Desktop icon after installation/update: Is there a way to prevent programs to add their shortcut to the desktop after installing/updating when you cant untick the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-after-installationupdate/14be3433-7448-43ab-8715-b0a330b2aab3
  5. Microsoft Edge Desktop Icon

Microsoft Edge Desktop Icon: How do I remove the Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut icon from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-desktop-icon/18e2999e-f434-4999-8530-0a9cc9cfd756
  6. Desktop icons not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icons not working after update: So, my computer updated while I was sleeping. When I went to get on it, it was messed up. First, an error kept popping up and making my screen go black. The error was system 32 could not find desktop. Second, the update deleted all my files, applications, and even...
  7. Icons on the desktop disappeared after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on the desktop disappeared after update: My Laptop got updated a couple of months ago and all the icons that were on the desktop went missing. There are still available under the desktop folder though. I am not able to bring them back to the desktop screen....
  8. desktop icons gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons gone after update: I want to ask why after a update windows 10 home version 1709 build 16.299.785 my icons are gone from the desktop and 1 icon came back on my taskbar, and when I click that all does come back....this is so weird, can you help me to resolve this. thank you...
  9. edge icon on desktop

in Browsers and Email
    edge icon on desktop: Edge icon on desktop after creator update is different, the e is very small while the text is correct. I have icons set at medium, changing to large makes them way too large. Icon works fine, it is a minor annoyance but would like it back to the size it was. I have looked...
  10. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626