Windows 10: After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly

Discus and support After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I booted into safe mode earlier, however now when booting normally, the following things are noticeable: Windows 10 runs much slower Not all startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TollyThaWally, Oct 11, 2019.

1. After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly

I booted into safe mode earlier, however now when booting normally, the following things are noticeable:

• Windows 10 runs much slower
    • Not all startup programs and services run
    • The search bar cannot be used
    • Indexing is disabled and cannot be enabled
    • Any program or service that can't run in safe mode will not run
    • UAC is disabled with no way to enable it
    • The notification center cannot be opened
    • Notifications do not work
    • Trying to open the Searching Windows tab of Search settings crashes the settings app
    • The update page of the settings app is blank

I have tried booting back into safe mode then restarting, with no effect. I have run "sfc /scannow" which finds no errors. I have also run "DSIM /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth" and "DSIM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth", both returning no errors. The desktop background is fine and doesn't display black like in safe mode. I have also run "msconfig" and normal boot is selected and safe boot is deselected. Windows is just about usable but I really need this issue fixed, and I really do not want to have to reinstall Windows.

:)

TollyThaWally, Oct 11, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Nov 29, 2019
  4. After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly

1. After booting to safe mode, Windows 10 now doesn't work correctly - Similar Threads - booting safe mode

2. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  3. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  4. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode: Today I will solve this hopefully for everyone. Today I needed to get to safe mode and my PIN was not accepted. Then I noticed duh! It says password so I tried my current password witch did not work either and someone some where said think about it the answer is with you?...
  6. Boot in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot in safe mode not working: I just tried to upgrade my newly built pc to the latest version on windows in order to install some drivers. However, when it finished, my user profile was corrupted and i was unable to log in. Going off of online tutorials to solve this, they all say to boot in safe mode....
  7. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode: Hi set my laptop to safe mode with msconfig & restarted now it wont accept.my password in safe.mode is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booted-my-windows-10-laptop-in-safe-mode-password/c8fe588b-31ac-4a38-b0c6-d632c2fc2591
  8. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....
  9. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work: I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible. The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the...
  10. Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor not working after booting in safe mode: Hello, My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of...