Windows 10: After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not...

Discus and support After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/programed_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/programed_, Aug 5, 2020.

1. After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not...

/u/programed_, Aug 5, 2020

2. Black Screen During Driver Update After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not... :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Paladone Win User
    PC turning off after 10 seconds and then turning back on

I recently moved everything into a new and smaller case, and have been having some issues in doing so.

Basically, when I start up the PC, it boots and then after maybe 10 seconds or so turns back on and stays on. During the first ten seconds and also after, my monitor displays no signal from either GPU.

What is really weird is that to fix this, I tried re-seating my GPU's and re-attaching the cables and this fixed it (as in I was able to access the bios and it did not turn off at all), however, after moving some stuff around inside the case the issue came back (I think I may have bumped the GPU's slightly". This happened a few times, where I would re-seat the gpu's and the issue would resolve temporarily, only to return after fiddling with stuff inside the case. Now, no matter how many times I try to re seat the gpus, the issue persists and while it boots, my monitor doesn't get a signal . All my specs are as listed, except the MB is a gigabyte GA-X99a designare ex.

Additionally:
    - The GPU's are seated in the first and second PCI-E lane.
    - I think it is unrelated, but when the issue did resolve temporarily, my M.2 ssd would be recognised but I could not boot from it (despite it having windows 10 pro 64 installed when it was on my old motherboard).

The turning on/off makes me think PSU may be the issue, but it doesn't make sense to me why the issue would resolve when I re seated the gpu's if that were the case.

I'd really appreciate any help as I've been trying to figure this out for a few days not and It's really annoying me.

Paladone, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Mandroid Win User

After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not...

My PC won't turn on after update

I installed some updates while I stepped away from my PC. When I came back I found it like in a hibernation state and irresponsive. I tried disconnecting the power cable and restarted it but nothing. I even tried to put in the installation disc but there's no power to open the tray. I do see an led light, telling me that power is coming in but not enough to boot. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not... [​IMG]

Mandroid, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not...

1. After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not... - Similar Threads - bsod during update

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off: Hello! My Windows 10 PC just started having this problem. The screen is set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. When the screen turns off, it immediately turns back on. In power management, the computer is set to never go to sleep. It's not a sleep problem. It's the...
  6. Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off: Hello! My Windows 10 PC just started having this problem. The screen is set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. When the screen turns off, it immediately turns back on. In power management, the computer is set to never go to sleep. It's not a sleep problem. It's the...
  7. Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After bsod during windows update, my pc turns on to this screen just to turn back off not...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/programed_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i460d6/after_bsod_during_windows_update_my_pc_turns_on/
  9. Pc turned off during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  10. Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer: My screens keep turning back on immediately after the "When plugged in, turn off after X" time is reached. The screens fade to black and seem to be going to sleep like usual, but turn back on immediately. This problem just started happening and the feature worked fine before....