Windows 10: After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services...

Discus and support After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows10 pro x64, 10.0.18363.1440 After a horrible BSOD event "Microcode revision mismatch" x017E, at every boot I could revitalize my Win10 by a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeWalter1, Mar 22, 2021.

1. After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services...

Windows10 pro x64, 10.0.18363.1440

After a horrible BSOD event "Microcode revision mismatch" x017E, at every boot I could revitalize my Win10 by a boot partition fix via a special repair tool I had to buy. All other methods to access Windows, or the MS recovery/restore points failed utterly.

A clean reinstall was out of question due to the large setup, many tools and own programs I use, old database software, Visual Studio etc.. The Win10 Pro x64 installation was running troublefree since 2019, the hardware RAM, SSD, CPU etc are tested and OK.

But now my revived Windows is no longer the same. Despite my profile being listed as Admin I am the only user I seem to have lost a lot of my administrative rights, cannot even start Defender which was working up to the day of the crash.

Among the most obvious symptoms and changes I see these are the most peculiar ones:

- in MSCONFIG's Services pane I can not right click on any service! I can change the checkmarks, but not the service settings; this happens in SAFE MODE as well as far as I recall.

- during updates/reboots I see a message that this is done in a 'organizational environment', It looks like my Window runs in a corporate IT management state now, giving me the rights of an 'office secretary'

- I get UAC messages when starting any program; I do not see the 'Admin' warning when trying to run apps elevated

- many System Settings, especially in Security areas are grayed or locked

- I can not see most likely existing restore points, registry backups, also all my Windows Updates since years are NOT listed

- the last Update Search 24h ago found only 6 needed ones; one failed: Defender KB2267602 Version 1.333.941.0 – error 0x800706432

- Defender Firewall IS UP, but Defender virus check is shown DOWN and can neither be started nor updated, no other virus software is on board; forcing it to start through Task Manager I CAN access it through a servicehost! throws error 1392

- SmartScreen.exe isn't this Defender?? IS RUNNING; I checked its revision and it is recent 18362.1411 and legitimate.

As a lot of these symptoms indicate viral infection I checked for malware, viruses, root kits, even from outside Windows by special scan tools; the system is clean as a whistle. Also the last Defender scan was error free the day before the system crashed.

Very, VERY frustrating. I hardly ever ask for help, but this one is way above my debug skill level.

What is going on with my Windows?

How do I restore my Admin rights if I have none =a vicious circle?

How do I gain full control over settings, security methods, services again? Without a real Defender my barn doors are open..

Where to start and how to progress?

Thank you!

:)

MikeWalter1, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Mar 22, 2021
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Mar 22, 2021
  4. After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services...

No admin rights

Downloaded as suggested on a USB. Tried to install but was blocked with no admin rights. Very frustrating.

Rodger1414, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services...

1. After BSOD/recovery I am stripped of many Admin rights, e.g. RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Services... - Similar Threads - BSOD recovery stripped

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  4. Service Account Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  5. Service Account Admin Rights

Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  6. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  7. Right Mouse Click

Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  8. Right mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  9. Mouse Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Right Click: The right click on my wireless Microsoft mouse does not work. Is there a setting I need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-click/7aeebcf6-760f-4e8d-90d7-023c6e2400c6
  10. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...