Windows 10: After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...

Discus and support After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to in control c... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chartchai P., Aug 17, 2022.

1. After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...

After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to in control c

:)

Chartchai P., Aug 17, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to... :(

Zakin, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...

1. After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to... - Similar Threads - changed administrator Microsoft

2. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  3. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  4. After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...: After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to in control c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-changed-administrator-of-microsoft-window/a85e5ad4-00a5-45dd-a9e5-cb97c7015beb
  5. After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...

After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to...: After changed administrator of Microsoft window account, I couldn’t access user account to in control c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-changed-administrator-of-microsoft-window/a85e5ad4-00a5-45dd-a9e5-cb97c7015beb
  6. Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10: My husband created a Microsft email account for me during lockdown which was used to re-route work emails to my personal laptop. This account is no longer needed and is in the process of being closed. However, my user account on the laptop, which incidently is also the...
  7. Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10

Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10: My husband created a Microsft email account for me during lockdown which was used to re-route work emails to my personal laptop. This account is no longer needed and is in the process of being closed. However, my user account on the laptop, which incidently is also the...
  8. Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  10. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"