Windows 10: After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version

Discus and support After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I want to get around Microsofts unsupporting my language with latest Fast Insider. There is No 18329 for Pro PL-PL. However there is one for Home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ch3mn3y, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version

So I want to get around Microsofts unsupporting my language with latest Fast Insider.

There is No 18329 for Pro PL-PL. However there is one for Home, Home N and Pro N.

So, I downloaded 18329 Home and using DISM changed it to Pro (PL-PL), everything went fine (except that DISM couldn't unmount the empty folder).

The problem si that if I start the Installer it still says it's installing Home build. Even if DISM says the install.win is for Pro edition.

Question is:

• DISM is laying?
    • Installer is for Home, so it says Home even if it's Pro?

I don't want to downgrade the edition. Not sure if my Pro key would work in Home...

Image below is from modded (if it is) image. As You see there is Windows 10 Home, not Professional...

After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version 6c2a2a61-050c-45f4-b041-638241a4a9d7?upload=true.png

And here is what DISM says about image:

After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version 394fe247-b01a-4303-a0f7-88385c12785c?upload=true.png

So what it really is? Home or Pro?

:)

ch3mn3y, Feb 5, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 5, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. After changing edition using Dism Installer still shows original version - Similar Threads - changing edition using

2. DISM version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM version: Windows 11Question about the DISM version. I've always noticed that the DISM version for example 10.0.22000.653, is always different from the Image version 10.0.22000.832. So does this mean that while DISM is doing it's thing, it is only checking items up to .653? I know that...
  3. DISM version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM version: Windows 11Question about the DISM version. I've always noticed that the DISM version for example 10.0.22000.653, is always different from the Image version 10.0.22000.832. So does this mean that while DISM is doing it's thing, it is only checking items up to .653? I know that...
  4. DISM version question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM version question: I have a question regarding DISM.exeI've been experiencing some issues with my PC and ran:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthWhen it runs, I see that the DISM version is 10.0.19041.844Under that, I see "Image Version 10.0.19044.1503" and it appears that it's...
  5. Some of programs is still showing the original language after change the system language in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of programs is still showing the original language after change the system language in...: I changed the language of Windows 10 from French to English but after a reboot, there are still a few programs, such as VLC, vim, and other programs that have multilingual support, are showing French. How can I get their language preference to keep updated to the system...
  6. Install Original Version/Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Original Version/Edition: Hi Everyone. I have an HP Omen (latest Ryzen model) that came with Windows 10 Home. I wanted Pro because I needed some of the features. I usually to upgrade via the store, but don't know how long I'm keeping this laptop so I bought an upgrade key off eBay. Now I can't...
  7. changing windows 10 version/edition

changing windows 10 version/edition: my windows is using windows 10 education version. but, i want to change/return into windows 10 home version.so can you help me? how to fix it? 127319
  8. changing windows 10 version/edition

in Windows 10 Support
    changing windows 10 version/edition: my windows is using windows 10 education version. but, i want to change/return into windows 10 home version.so can you help me? how to fix it? 127319
  9. Installer after changing edition using Dism still show original version

Installer after changing edition using Dism still show original version: So I want to get around Microsofts unsupporting my language with latest Fast Insider. There is No 18329 for Pro PL-PL. However there is one for Home, Home N and Pro N. So, I downloaded 18329 Home and using DISM changed it to Pro (PL-PL), everything went fine (except that...
  10. Version 1709 still not installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1709 still not installed: I've used Start > Update & Restart but still have version 1703 and the message asking me to update remains unchanged. [img] 102853