Windows 10: After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

Discus and support After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently was told to change my virtual memory on my SSD drive to 16000MB. After doing so I restarted my pc and now my file manager and disk managment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OliverWinter1, Oct 1, 2022.

1. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

I recently was told to change my virtual memory on my SSD drive to 16000MB. After doing so I restarted my pc and now my file manager and disk managment only show my HDD and my SSD has disappeared. My HDD has windows on it but EVERYTHING else is on my SSD. I cant find a solution to this and I really need it fixed!

:)

OliverWinter1, Oct 1, 2022

2. Virtual Memory is low.

Steps to Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10.

Step 1: Go to Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2: Now type performance on search bar and select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

Step 3: A new Window will open before you. Go to Advanced tab in it.

Step 4: You’ll see a Virtual memory section in it. Click on Change.

Step 5: If the current setting is considerably less than the recommended, unselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box on this window and click on Custom size.

Step 6: Now enter the recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the Maximum size

Step 7: Click on OK to save the changes.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, Thank you.

kusumsharma, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2022
  4. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

Virtual Memory

This question has been answered before—but I can never really get a definitive answer. So here goes....

Currently, I have 12 GB of RAM in my machine. Windows, on its own, has made the page file the same size. From what I've read, people suggest the page file be either 1.5x-2x the amount of ram. My question... is there a sweet spot where you can disable virtual memory? Say like if you have 32 GB. Also, since paging happens quite often, it's a no-no to have the page file on an SSD, right? So, in a system with SSD and HDD, and say you still need virtual memory, it should be placed on the HDD instead?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

1. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all. - Similar Threads - changing virtual memory

2. my new ssd doesnt show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new ssd doesnt show up: so i bought a new ssd and plugged it into my computerit doesnt show up on explorer or even as unallocated space in disk managementany solutions for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-ssd-doesnt-show-up/7048c1bd-0faf-4b9a-b388-c46c0c25b92f
  3. my new ssd doesnt show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new ssd doesnt show up: so i bought a new ssd and plugged it into my computerit doesnt show up on explorer or even as unallocated space in disk managementany solutions for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-ssd-doesnt-show-up/7048c1bd-0faf-4b9a-b388-c46c0c25b92f
  4. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.: I recently was told to change my virtual memory on my SSD drive to 16000MB. After doing so I restarted my pc and now my file manager and disk managment only show my HDD and my SSD has disappeared. My HDD has windows on it but EVERYTHING else is on my SSD. I cant find a...
  5. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.: I recently was told to change my virtual memory on my SSD drive to 16000MB. After doing so I restarted my pc and now my file manager and disk managment only show my HDD and my SSD has disappeared. My HDD has windows on it but EVERYTHING else is on my SSD. I cant find a...
  6. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  7. ssd doesnt show up in bios

ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  8. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. SSD not showing up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up at all: Hey so, I recently bought a new computer and purchased 1TB M.2 SSD and another SSD which is 2TB. I hadn't had anything installed on the 2TB SSD and I decided to install a game from Steam onto it, then after it had finished installing, I tried playing it and realised it said...
  10. SSD not showing up at all

SSD not showing up at all: Hey so, I recently bought a new computer and purchased 1TB M.2 SSD and another SSD which is 2TB. I hadn't had anything installed on the 2TB SSD and I decided to install a game from Steam onto it, then after it had finished installing, I tried playing it and realised it said...