Windows 10: After clean install, must logon to my computer with MS account password

Discus and support After clean install, must logon to my computer with MS account password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 on my desktop computer using the exact windows 10 home download and product id that I installed on that pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leonard704, Mar 28, 2020.

1. After clean install, must logon to my computer with MS account password

I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 on my desktop computer using the exact windows 10 home download and product id that I installed on that pc several years ago. I created an installation media using usb drive. During setup I was asked to enter my MS account user id and and password and to create a pin. I chose not to create a pin. I was never asked to create a username and password for the pc login. I assumed I would be asked setup a username and pw at some point during setup, that did not happen.

Under the current circumstances I have to logon to my computer using my Microsoft account password. I want to be able to logon to my computer just as I did before the clean install using my own username and pw. How can I fix this situation?

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you,

Leonard

:)

Leonard704, Mar 28, 2020
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

1. run netplwiz
    2. select the user in the box you want to autologin to
    3. uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
    4. click Apply
    5. a box will pop up asking the user account and password you want to autologin to. Fill it out. If there is no password, leave the password field blank.
    6. click OK
    7. click OK

restart to test

Win10 copies the Live/Outlook/Hotmail account locally.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 28, 2020
  4. MikeDog Win User

After clean install, must logon to my computer with MS account password

Do not want to use hotmail address and password to logon to my PC. How to revert back to what it was before - a separate logon to hotmail and my PC

Had a session with a MS tech support this morning. Now my PC:

• Must logon using my Hotmail address and password.
      I am the Administrator for my PC and I cannot change my PC logon id and password back to what it was before because name and password change are no longer available. However, I can do so for another user account on my computer

• My PC logon id is now my Hotmail address and password, whereas before, I have a separate logon id and password to my PC

• This logon change is a big security issue because anyone who can hack into MS hotmails can logon to my PC as administrator

I would appreciate help re do not want to sign in with a MS Hotmail account to my personal computer

MikeDog, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

After clean install, must logon to my computer with MS account password

1. After clean install, must logon to my computer with MS account password - Similar Threads - clean install must

2. Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account: I have had a OneDrive account for many years and my Logon id was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. A few years ago Microsoft decided that my MEMUTA.COM paid for each year did not meet their standards and forced me to use a *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  3. Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account: I have had a OneDrive account for many years and my Logon id was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. A few years ago Microsoft decided that my MEMUTA.COM paid for each year did not meet their standards and forced me to use a *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. Logon ID must be changed on my OneDrive Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Clean Install with Work MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Clean Install with Work MS Account: Hello,I have an issue that I always use a workaround, but I thought I'd try to do it right this time. So, I'm reaching out to see if someone can help me.I own my own business with its own MS Business 365 apps purchased with my business email. I also have my personal family...
  6. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  7. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  8. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Unable to log into MS account after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to log into MS account after clean install: My dell desktop was running very slow. I had previously purchased a 10 pro key and up graded from home to pro, no problems for months then because system was slow I decided to do a clean install. Every time I get to the part for logging in with MS Account it accepts my...
  10. I can't logon to my MS account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't logon to my MS account: I try to logon to my MS account and get invalid password message. Tried to recover the password and received 'there is no account associated with my email address'. Tried to create a MS ACCOUNT WITH MY EMAIL ADDRESS and I receive a message 'the account already exists'.Tried...