Windows 10: After clean install of Win 10 v1809, PC hangs at the boot screen. But when I install 1803,...

Discus and support After clean install of Win 10 v1809, PC hangs at the boot screen. But when I install 1803,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Back when Microsoft released the October update, my PC downloaded it and upgraded through windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kielu84, Feb 6, 2019.

1. kielu84 Win User

After clean install of Win 10 v1809, PC hangs at the boot screen. But when I install 1803,...

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Back when Microsoft released the October update, my PC downloaded it and upgraded through windows update. However, after that, whenever I cold booted, it would hang at the boot screen logo. I rolled back the update and decided to wait for Microsoft to re-release Windows 10 V. 1809. Upon rolling back the version 1803, the boot issue went away.

Now, fast forward to today 2-6-2019, after they re-released it to the public, I downloaded it and decided to perform a clean install. Wouldn't you know, it still does the same thing from a cold boot, it hangs at the Windows logo boot screen with no indication that it's doing anything.

Is there anyone who can possibly shed light on this?

Thanks again.

:)

kielu84, Feb 6, 2019
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink After clean install of Win 10 v1809, PC hangs at the boot screen. But when I install 1803,... ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 6, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

After clean install of Win 10 v1809, PC hangs at the boot screen. But when I install 1803,...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. After clean install of Win 10 v1809, PC hangs at the boot screen. But when I install 1803,... - Similar Threads - clean install v1809

2. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  3. New Win 10 PC - clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win 10 PC - clean install?: I just purchased a new Win10 desktop. Now, beeing a longtime Win 7 power user I have read numerous advices to do a "Clean re-install" of the OS to get rid of all the crap, bloatware and things I dont need. And f.ex customize privacy and telemetry etc. But I'm a little...
  4. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unable to boot after Clean Installation: I did a windows 10 clean install on my used Asus d550ma. It no longer boots or start up to windows. 1st it showed PC unable to reset and repeatedly did an automatic repair and diagnose which failed each time. So I tried using the options in the advanced recovery method after...
  5. Install of Sidesync for PC Win 10 32 hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install of Sidesync for PC Win 10 32 hangs: I download the install for Win 10 32 4.7..On "extract" it always hangs on "Extract: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe" I already have Sidesync on my Galaxy S7 Edge....
  6. clean install of 1803

clean install of 1803: hi joydeep sir i have done clean install of 1803 by fully formatting my pc but i forgot to disconnect my lan cable i have done clean install of 1803 by fully format having lan connected to my pc so sir will there be any issue so far to my windows 1803 as lan cable was...
  7. problem after installation of win 10 1803

problem after installation of win 10 1803: after the installation of win 10 1803 appear in my laptop this button: [ATTACH] I don't understand don't download nothing and slowing the normal function of laptop. How is this button????...
  8. Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day

Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day: So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a Dell Optiplex 9030 (SSD drive) from a source I've been using on many machines without issue. Today, the user called me and said it blue screened which I thought was odd as I haven't had any Windows 10 workstations do...
  9. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant clean install 1809 on hp-17 reboot