Windows 10: After clean install of windows 10 version 1809, sleep shut down the computer after a while

Discus and support After clean install of windows 10 version 1809, sleep shut down the computer after a while in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I think everything is in the title. After a clean install of windows 10 version 1809, the sleep function stopped working correctly. Until now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JLBA, Nov 18, 2018.

1. JLBA Win User

After clean install of windows 10 version 1809, sleep shut down the computer after a while

Hi,

I think everything is in the title. After a clean install of windows 10 version 1809, the sleep function stopped working correctly. Until now, when my computer went to sleep, I had no issue waking it up. With version 1809, when my computer goes to sleep, after a few minutes it shut down.

It is a desktop computer, hibernate is deactivated (I tried activating it, doesn't change anything). My drivers are up to date, it's a clean install so no rogue programs running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

After clean install of windows 10 version 1809, sleep shut down the computer after a while

Delta6326, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. After clean install of windows 10 version 1809, sleep shut down the computer after a while - Similar Threads - clean install version

2. computer randomly shutting down after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly shutting down after windows 10 install: I am very much not a computer person so bare with me. I had to have some new things put into my computer because of a mishap with a glass of milk. I had to buy a new windows 10 and installed it. now my computer keep randomly shutting off and saying stuff like unexpected...
  3. computer randomly shutting down after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer randomly shutting down after windows 10 install: I am very much not a computer person so bare with me. I had to have some new things put into my computer because of a mishap with a glass of milk. I had to buy a new windows 10 and installed it. now my computer keep randomly shutting off and saying stuff like unexpected...
  4. computer randomly shutting down after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  6. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  7. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  8. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  9. Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down

Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down: Greetings! After I reinstalled Windows 10, I realized that when ever I select shut down in the start menu, its goes to deep sleep instead shutting down. What caused this? How can I fix it? Also, I realized whenever I close the lid, for a while, it goes into deep sleep,...
  10. Windows 10 Shutting down after sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutting down after sleep/hibernation: Hi As far as I can tell, after sleep/hibernation (being left for a long period, usually overnight), I come back ro my PC to find that it has completely shutdown. It is encrypted with a bitlocker password so I suppose if an update is applied overnight then this would be the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shotdown problem after windows 10 1809 clean install

2. i have done a clean install of windows ten but computer has been shutting down for over half an hour

3. aftrer installing windows verion 1809 computer wont sleep