Windows 10: After clean install via media creation tool, my user account does not accept the Microsoft...

Discus and support After clean install via media creation tool, my user account does not accept the Microsoft... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As in the subject I finally got a clean install down as day or so yesterday. Great!! I shut the machine down. Now returning and turning PC back on it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jackdashack, Feb 7, 2019.

1. After clean install via media creation tool, my user account does not accept the Microsoft...

As in the subject I finally got a clean install down as day or so yesterday. Great!!

I shut the machine down. Now returning and turning PC back on it wouldn't accept any password I know I ever used.

So to the recover options. Call me with code. Text it to my phone. Several times and neither would call or text my phone with a code. ??

Finally in a last gasp I tried an old Verizon/Aol email I had given prior as an option to send me code. All I had was my phone. So I looked on the VZ/Aol mail anxiously. I looked as if nothing was present even there. Then on the phone I saw a tab MOBILE within Verizon/AoL. On a hail Mary I touched it and there it was. "MS Support Team". Entered the code. Created a new password.

I'm back in. But has anyone ever experienced the recovery password options not work? And why did the old Verizon/Aol work?

I'm just interested in not having this scenario where the recover passwords would not call or text me.

Regards, jack ":-Dx

**Original Title**

Clean Recovery via Media Creation Tool. Shut down. Back on now it wouldn't accept my password. Recovery Options would not call or text me??

:)

jackdashack, Feb 7, 2019

2. Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Feb 7, 2019
  3. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 7, 2019
  4. philipyip Win User

After clean install via media creation tool, my user account does not accept the Microsoft...

Media Creation Tool question

I recommend saving the .iso for two reasons. The first reason is you have the .iso to hand in case you need it later on. The second is Rufus does a better job of making a Bootable USB.

philipyip, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

After clean install via media creation tool, my user account does not accept the Microsoft...

1. After clean install via media creation tool, my user account does not accept the Microsoft... - Similar Threads - clean install via

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. Does installation media created with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool contain user data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does installation media created with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool contain user data?: Hello I have just reinstalled Windows because I was afraid I might had gotten a Trojan. During the installation my phone number was prefilled and my wifi was set up automatically. Is this normal? I'm a bit worried. I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool here:...
  5. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  6. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  7. Clean Recovery via Media Creation Tool. Shut down. Back on now it wouldn't accept my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Clean Recovery via Media Creation Tool. Shut down. Back on now it wouldn't accept my...: As in the subject I finally got a clean install down as day or so yesterday. Great!! I shut the machine down. Now returning and turning PC back on it wouldn't accept any password I know I ever used. So to the recover options. Call me with code. Text it to my phone. Several...
  8. 1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool

1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool: I've got a PC stuck on 1511 that just refuses to install upgrades to more current versions. I'm 100% certain the hardware is supported as I have several other part-for-part identical PCs all running 1803 without issue. After a long time fighting with Windows Update itself...
  9. Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool: I have a copy of 10 reserved, but what if I lose my patience and download an ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 I don't have a 10 product key yet, so how would that work? 9582
  10. Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates

Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates: I am tired of installing Windows and then spending the rest of the day while the pc goes through all the updates. I was hoping the media creator tool would do this but there is no mention of updates. 94812