Windows 10: After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed?

Discus and support After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had quite a high memory / RAM usage in idle in my desktop 4GB of 8 and wanted to see if I can lower that and did a clean reboot after this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael Mayrhofer, Apr 3, 2020.

1. After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed?

Hi,

I had quite a high memory / RAM usage in idle in my desktop 4GB of 8 and wanted to see if I can lower that and did a clean reboot after this https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    Clean reboot worked, and I only had 2GB idle, which seemed great. So I clicked the "normal reboot" in msconfig and enabled 3 processes in autostart AMD Core stuff and similar seemingly essential stuff and rebooted into the 0xc000000e error code my Win is in German. It prompts me for a Repair CD and says something is missing sometimes there is a memtest.exe error code instead and if I press enter, I only see Win 7 as an option - but I have only Win 10 installed, although some years ago I had Win7 and upgraded to Win10.

I tried rebooting a few times, unplugging my external HDD etc., nothing worked. I downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 a Win10 x64 German reboot on a USB stick and rebooted my desktop. I could access the stick besides my SSD Win Partition and HDD and but there were two versions of the USB: UEFI and "normal". The UEFI version leads me immediately to a presumably Win 10 Error Screen with

"Recovery - your PC needs to be repaired

The Boot configuration is missing or needs to be repaired

File: \Efi\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Error Code: 0xc000000f

You ll need to use recovery tools... Press Esc for Uefi Firmware Settings

The normal USB leeds me to a WIn Logo Startup and then to the Setup Screen but I can ony resume with Win 7 which I have not installed afaik and Troubleshooting automatically does not work. CMD commands

- bootrec /fixmbr -> Process has been finished

- bootrec /fixboot --> Got Access is denied at this step

- bootrec /rebuildbcd --> Total identified Windows installations: 1 F:\Windows pretty Sure thats my USB stick, my Win10 is on C

I got asked if I wanted to add it to the startlist but pressed no.

The other important thing is: I have a external HDD with a backup I am using macrium backup with an image from yesterday and it shows one today, but I am not sure if it is usable.

Can you help me out here? Can I restore my Win10 with the USB or should I use my backup? Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

:)

Michael Mayrhofer, Apr 3, 2020
  2. KLund1 Win User

Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista

Hi,
    I have a multi boot system. My main new install is win 10 uefi/gpt Raid 0. I still have my previous installs of Win 10, 8.1, 7, Vista on 2 separate SSD's, in MBR
    I am using the Win 10 boot manager. Win 8.1 and vista boot fine. With the Win 10 (not raid 0 ver) I get the boot error \Windows\system32\winload.exe error 0xc000000e.
    I have booted to 2 USB stick versions of win 10(one uefi gpt, other mbr) to attempt startup repair. I do not get a list of OS's to select for repair. I think that is because the main Win 10 raid 0 is GPT not MBR.
    I seem to remember that if I copy a couple files from a working OS to anther it fixes this problem. I might be wrong.
    Any suggestions to get the non raid versions of win10 to boot? (we'll work on 7 later)

KLund1, Apr 3, 2020
  3. error code 0xc000000e

The boot error 0xc000000e on Windows seems quite irritating as the user finds difficult to load the operating system normally. It mainly occurs due to uncertain shutdown or restart of the computer which may be because of power failure or sudden system crash thereby making the boot configuration data corrupt. I will explain you how to repair the boot configuration data.
    1) Insert the Windows installation bootable disk and open the command prompt through it.
    After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed? [​IMG]
    2) Execute the following commands one by one
    bootrec/fixmbr
    bootrec/fixboot
    bootrec/rebuildbcd

After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed? [​IMG]
    3) Wait for the process to be completed and then Restart your PC.
    4) Visit the link www.officialtechsupport.com/fix-boot-error-0xc000000e-windows-10/ to know the rest of the methods to fix boot errors on your PC

AdityaChoudhary, Apr 3, 2020
  4. kajson Win User

After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed?

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed? ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed?

1. After clean reboot Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e, only Win 7 installed? - Similar Threads - clean reboot Error

2. Error code: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code: 0xc000000e: My brothers PC had a problem with a code of 0xc000000e and when i press enter it will release anothe code NTFS FILE SYSTEM. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000e/b3e751d6-3942-4dfc-b176-48e52e5b3dd3
  3. Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 after have installed a SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 after have installed a SSD: I have seem many post about how to solve the error code, in response the original posted by KFergs " Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 Last reply September 21, 2019 by JamesKemper Created May 11, 2016 by KFergs ", that is locked for any further answer, so I decided to...
  4. error code 0xc000000e

error code 0xc000000e: So I had the error code 0xc000000e show up and managed to fix it with a recovery disk but sometimes still get the error why could this be and how do I prevent it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000e/ec13cf8f-c4c6-4116-99cc-ba90c970c06a
  5. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD

Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD: Hi, I have an HP450 Notebook where the HD was set as a Dynamic Drive (as purchased new). In the HP drive shows 4 partitions, HP_Tools, System, Recovery and Windows. I cloned the drive to a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb SSD using MiniTool Partition Wizard. I now cannot get...
  6. Error Code: 0xc000000e after trying to install Windows 10 on my mSATA

Error Code: 0xc000000e after trying to install Windows 10 on my mSATA: I recently bought Samsung EVO 860 mSATA for my MSI GE60 0NC (± 7years old now). I tried to install Windows 10 on it (legal version, from bootable usb, clean install), the boot went fine, untill I was met with a blue screen that says: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be...
  7. Windows Error Code 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Error Code 0xc000000e: I recently bought a new hard drive for RAID 0 since I have Windows 10 Pro. One of my disks had a system reserved partition, so I contacted customer service, and they were no help whatsoever in helping me resolve my problem, they just asked the same question over and over and...
  8. Error code 0xc000000e

Error code 0xc000000e: Ok, so I updated MSI software, and I reboot my computer and I got error code 0xc000000e and have no usb support. Any help on just getting my keyboard and/or mouse back would be appreciated....
  9. Error 0xc000000e after installing windows.

Error 0xc000000e after installing windows.: I have this very strange problem that I cannot seem to fix on my own. So I attempted to build my very own PC and once every thing was good to go I created a windows media creation tool on a USB drive to allow my new system to boot from that. Once my new system booted from...
  10. error code 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Support
    error code 0xc000000e: how can I get out of this screen shows RECOVERY says to insert installation media I tried the latest install dvd from techbench says to press f8 will not work it is missing windows/system32/winload.exe I have searched and tried some of the tips on the forum but cannot get...
Tags: