Windows 10: After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing.

Discus and support After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) So last week when I ran Windows Update it gave me the button to `Download & Install` the 2004 Windows 10 update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by didymus alpha, Jun 14, 2020.

1. After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing.

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)

So last week when I ran Windows Update it gave me the button to `Download & Install` the 2004 Windows 10 update. When I clicked it everything just disappeared. I thought that was weird, but I didn't pursue it further.

Well, today, Windows Update gave me the option again to `Download & Install` it. This time when I clicked it *instantly* failed with error `0x80246017` as quick as it previously disappeared. The account I was logged into was an Administrator.

I looked this error up and read some things about running the Windows Update troubleshooter. I ran the troubleshooter and it returned 2 issues. One was about pending updates which it resolved and the other was about my internet connection with suggestions to reset it. The internet connection error I believe was due to my VPN, because Microsoft Store says I am not connected if the VPN is turned on and I usually have to turn it off. I reset the network connection and reboot. When Windows started back up I stopped the VPN and turned it off. When I ran Windows Update the `Download & Install` button for the 2004 update was back. I clicked it and it did the same exact thing it did last week. It just disappeared and that was it.

Now when I run the troubleshooter it finds no issues. If I restart the computer it doesn't come back.

Why on earth would this new update be doing this? This computer is very new. In October 2019 it was the ThinkPad X1 Carbon with the best possible configuration available. It can definitely handle the update, but maybe there are some kinks with it still?

I really want to install this update and check it out. Anyone have any advice on what to do? Should I just wait? Why would it keep popping up and give me the option to `Download & Install` and keep disappearing?

After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing. [​IMG]

:)

didymus alpha, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jun 14, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing.

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing.

1. After clicking `Download & Install` 2004 update it keeps disappearing. - Similar Threads - clicking `Download Install`

2. Drives keep disappearing after download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives keep disappearing after download: My laptop has a ~100GB SSD C:\ drive and a ~1TB HDD partitioned into D:\, E:\, F:\ each having ~300TB. Everything was working normally until recently where anytime I download anything big say, a few GB onto D/E/F drive, suddenly Windows no longer recognizes the drive, not...
  3. Registry files and dll files are disappearing after update 2004.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry files and dll files are disappearing after update 2004.: In september, after I updated my PC to version 2004, I've got multiple errors about files dissapearing, such as DLL files. After some time, I saw that wauserv was missing too and I couldn't do any update getting the error 0x80070424. What is the cause and how I can solve this...
  4. Keyboard driver keeps installing after Windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard driver keeps installing after Windows update 2004: My keyboard on my laptop is water damaged and keeps pressing + key. As a workaround, I uninstall my keyboard driver or use a different incorrect driver for my keyboard. This way only my external keyboard works and I can actually work on my laptop. However, every time my...
  5. Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates: Can someone please tell me how to keep my internal microphone working? It is gone after windows updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-microphone-keeps-disappearing-after/58583d42-de23-48b7-8219-ccabc51f35b3
  6. is it safe to download and install windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it safe to download and install windows 2004 update: my laptop is old should i go for it submitted by /u/SilentxD_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ig96by/is_it_safe_to_download_and_install_windows_2004/
  7. Hang after installation of update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hang after installation of update 2004: Hi I have downloaded and install the update 2004 when it was available for my system but failed because of system was hang during installation show error Failed to install on ‎04/‎06/‎2020 - 0xc1900101...
  8. Update keep showing in Windows update after downloading and installing....

Update keep showing in Windows update after downloading and installing....: Help me out I'm using 2004 version and a update was preinstalled but it keep showing in windows update despite already installed .... submitted by /u/karan689 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwi7qs/update_keep_showing_in_windows_update_after/
  9. Downloads keep disappearing

Downloads keep disappearing: So about a week who I turned on my laptop and all my downloaded files had disappeared it really pissed me off at first but I just redownloaded them and moved on. And I woke up today to find that it had happened again. Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening?...
  10. Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing: When I use the "Search the Web and Windows Box," and I search for an, let's say, World of Warcraft, and I right-click it to pull up the options, they always disappear in a second. I want to make a desktop icon, and I can't do that because I can't click "open file location."...