Windows 10: After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...

Discus and support After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there!So recently, I used MiniTool partition wizard to clone my then-D drive to a new SSD. Once it was done, I flipped the drive letters so that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaxBox, Nov 16, 2021.

1. MaxBox Win User

After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...

Hi there!So recently, I used MiniTool partition wizard to clone my then-D drive to a new SSD. Once it was done, I flipped the drive letters so that the new SSD has the original drive name, and restarted. Indexing no longer works on the selected folders. When I try to re-add the location, though, it doesn't work and seems to be trying to use the old drive's new drive letter as a base instead of the new drive. You can see this behavior below when I try to add "D:\^Audacity\". I have tried deleting and rebuilding the index, but this also does not work.

:)

MaxBox, Nov 16, 2021
  2. RockFoxx Win User

Windows 10 indexing selects wrong drive

I used a bootable CD containing
    EaseUS
    disk copier to clone the Win8.1 drive to a new HDD.

At your suggestion I tried changing the drive letter of the 8.1 disk from D: to I:. This did not fix the problem. When I select the C: drive to index it jumps to the I: drive and does not index any of the C: drive.

Again, I went into Device Manager and disabled to 2nd disk (the original 8.1) and that corrected the problem.

RockFoxx, Nov 17, 2021
  3. Darkmind Win User
    partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Nov 17, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

1. After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed... - Similar Threads - cloning partition drive

2. After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...: Hi there!So recently, I used MiniTool partition wizard to clone my then-D drive to a new SSD. Once it was done, I flipped the drive letters so that the new SSD has the original drive name, and restarted. Indexing no longer works on the selected folders. When I try to re-add...
  3. After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After cloning a partition to a new drive, indexing still tries to use the old and changed...: Hi there!So recently, I used MiniTool partition wizard to clone my then-D drive to a new SSD. Once it was done, I flipped the drive letters so that the new SSD has the original drive name, and restarted. Indexing no longer works on the selected folders. When I try to re-add...
  4. Tried cloning windows to SSD, but it created a new drive and removed my old drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried cloning windows to SSD, but it created a new drive and removed my old drive.: [ATTACH] So i just bought an SSD for my PC and I heard that it was a good idea to move your windows to the SSD, so I started looking up how, downloaded AOMEI backupper, backed up my drives and pressed the system clone function on the program. after an hour, the process...
  5. I'm trying to clone a partition back to my C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to clone a partition back to my C drive: I deleted the partition Windows RE tools OEM Partition in order to add 480GB of unallocated space to my main partition. I have the re tools partition on a recent backup of my pc. I tried using macrium reflect to put it back, but it wants to format my drive first. I tried...
  6. Tried to migrate from old drive to new SSD, partition screwy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to migrate from old drive to new SSD, partition screwy: I got a new 2TB SSD which is considerably bigger than my 4 year old 480GB SSD so I used tool to clone from old SSD to new one. After I shut down the computer, I removed the old one, changed BIOS to find the new drive, it booted OK. However when I used Window's drive...
  7. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  8. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  9. Cloning old drive before installing new drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning old drive before installing new drive: Could you point me in the right direction please ? I have a 120g SSD which I need to replace so I need to clone it so as to re-assign the content to the Adata M.2, PCIe target disc, the slot which is currently held by the 120g will be disabled when I connect the M.2 yet it...
  10. Clone hard drive partition

Clone hard drive partition: I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A. Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows...