Windows 10: After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

Discus and support After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just tried to use Clonzilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DC_Business, Oct 4, 2020.

1. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

Hello,
    I just tried to use Clonzilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable USB with Microsoft Media Creation Utility, and used all its trouble shooting, no boot. What is left, possibly trying to install Windows 10 again and hope it repairs and not over writes. Issue is I can not get to the recovery partition to run it. Is there a recovery I can download that will update and fix errors. I do not want to over write any data. What caused the loss of the boot loader?

Thank you,
    JR

:)

DC_Business, Oct 4, 2020

2. Cloning with Clonezilla not working

No-shame pre-24 hour bump. *Cool After Cloning My Hard Drive  With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability :cool:

Here's what happened in a condensed form:

• I have 2 HDDs, a Raptor and a 1TB drive
    • I install Mac OSX on the Raptor
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of the Raptor with OSX on it and store it on the 1TB drive.
    • I install Windows 7 on the Raptor.
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of Win7 and store it on the Raptor.
    • For fun, I use Clonezilla to restore the OSX image back to the Raptor.
    • I boot OSX and it gives me errors
    • I use Clonezilla again and restore the Win7 image back to the Raptor
    • Everything works
    Why would won't OSX boot? I think this has to do more with Clonezilla than OSX. It was working before I cloned it.

angelkiller, Oct 4, 2020
  3. [Ion] Win User
    Cloning a hard drive

Google Clonezilla, it's a live Linux-based cloning CD, it has a text-based interface, but is easy to use, and reasonably fast. It supports all recent and old chipsets, and even cloning to/from a USB drive

[Ion], Oct 4, 2020
  4. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

Cloning with Clonezilla not working

Ok, so I'm current using my G5 --> PC Conversion computer. It has two hard drives, a 74GB Raptor and a 1TB Hitachi. Windows 7 is installed on the Raptor and the 1TB drive is used as storage.

After seeing Fit's attempt at running OSX on PC hardware, I wanted to give it a go on my PC. So I used a program called CopyWipe to copy the Raptor to a spare 80GB Seagate drive I had laying around. I've used this program before and it always works how I want it to. Now that I had a backup of my Windows 7 drive, I installed OSX on the Raptor. Long story short, I got it working to the point where it would boot without issues. (no sound though)

Because I'm not sure what OS I want on this computer yet, I wanted to keep both. So I figured that if I make an image of both OSs on the 1TB drive, all I had to do to switch OSs is restore the image back to the Raptor. So I make an image of the Raptor with OSX on the 1TB drive using Clonezilla. Everything goes smoothly. Then I use CopyWipe to copy the 80GB drive's contents (Win7) back to the Raptor. I boot into Win7 on the Raptor with no issues. Then I use Clonezilla to make an image of the Raptor with Win7 on it. Everything works. So now I have Win7 installed on the Raptor, and an image of the Raptor with OSX and an image of the Raptor with Win7 both stored on the 1TB drive.

Here's where the issues start. I wanted to test the restoration process. So I use Clonezilla to restore the OSX image back to the Raptor. The process completes. I boot up and upon loading, OSX is giving me a kernel panic. *Frown After Cloning My Hard Drive  With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability :( I did'nt want to mess around with it, so I use Clonezilla to restore the Win7 image back to the Raptor. It works. I'm writing this from Win7 right now, and I see no issues.

My question is what would cause OSX not to boot in this situation? This isn't an OSX question, but rather a Clonezilla one. I made an image, and when I restored it, it doesn't work. Nothing has changed. Any ideas? *Confused After Cloning My Hard Drive  With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability :confused:

angelkiller, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

1. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability - Similar Threads - Cloning Hard Drive

2. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  3. cloned hard drive wont boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    cloned hard drive wont boot up: Hi all Can anyone help cloned a hard drive to a bigger drive but no matter what i try i cannot boot up i have a hp compaq elite 8300 183823
  4. after cloning a hard drive, both drives are now unable to be booted from

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after cloning a hard drive, both drives are now unable to be booted from: when trying to boot from either drive, both claim there is no operating system despite there obviously being one. when I try to install a fresh copy of windows, the installer tells me that I need to use a gpt partition. when using a gpt partition the installer claims it...
  5. Windows 10 Hard Drive Lost Boot Capability

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Lost Boot Capability: Hello, I just tried to use Clonezilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable...
  6. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  7. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  8. 2 hard drives lost boot

in Windows 10 Support
    2 hard drives lost boot: Not so sure my title is fitting, sorry i haven't been around in along time,, anyhow my issue is odd,, last night my battery back up fried out in the middle of the night it wont power on without the alarm going off like crazy. So after eliminating that then i couldn't get my...
  9. windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot: Hi I cloned my hard drive a Seagate 2T to a WD 2T using acronics software I removed my Seagate drive and plugged in my WD drive in the same spot and system would not boot tried using windows 10 repair disk no luck plugged the Seagate drive back in booted??? 33749
  10. Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated: I just cloned my ssd onto another ssd twice its size however windows reports the size as the same, and in partition manager from windows it wont allow me to expand only shrink the size The disk size in part manager is also the same size as the original drive 20846