Windows 10: After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...

Discus and support After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my HDD to my SSD. After the clone, I went in BIOS to alter the boot order to boot from the SSD. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonathanUB, Apr 6, 2021.

1. After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...

Hello Everyone,

I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my HDD to my SSD. After the clone, I went in BIOS to alter the boot order to boot from the SSD. This worked perfectly, and remains to.

The problem is after unplugging the old HDD I cannot boot and get a BSOD. Specifically the stop code 0xc000021a.

Thanks in advance for the help and insight.

Jon

:)

JonathanUB, Apr 6, 2021

2. Suggestions to install samsung 970 evo plus ssd and set as primary boot device on Alienware 15 R2

Hi All,

I'm trying to upgrade my Alienware 15 R2 with m.2 Samsung 970 Evo plus. For that after physically installing in M.2 slot I've used Samsung migration tool to clone data.

I'm not able to set ssd as primary boot device and use hdd for data as I'm unfamiliar with set up and not able to install Samsung nvme drivers as in process system pops up " Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the device and try again."
    But the system is properly working on SSD by Physically disconnecting HDD.

Can anyone please help me with the proper installation and setup procedure of m.2 Samsung 970 Evo plus on Alienware 15 R2 and set it as primary boot device and use HDD for storage.

nikhithgangavelly, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Thanks for your reply.

There is no driver software with the drive. The box only has the SSD and an information booklet. I did go to the Samsung website to find drivers but the only ones there are drivers that
    support Samsung NVMe SSDs: SSD 970 PRO, 970 EVO, 970 EVO Plus, 960 PRO, 960 EVO and 950 PRO.

Also, the Samsung Magician software fails to recognize the drive. According to page 8 of the installation guide: "3) Magician shows only volumes mounted with letter." Since
    I can't assign a drive letter that is of no use.

On another message board there is the suggestion to use a SATA to USB adapter which I'm going to try when the adapter comes in on Thursday. After that is third party formatting software.

WalterRice1, Apr 6, 2021
  4. thira Win User

After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...

Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control.

I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive.

My understanding is that I must change the Storage Option Control to UEFI for the M.2 drive.

Is there a way to do this by a clone and not reinstall Windows 10?

Thank you in advance

thira, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...

1. After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without... - Similar Threads - cloning HDD SSD

2. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.: I have a HP Pavilion X360 convertible 15"The laptop came with a 1TB 5400 rpm hdd and a 16GB Optane module. I disabled the optane, removed it, and installed the 970 Evo plus. I did a clean install of Win 10 to the ssd.The laptop boots to windows and everything runs well, but I...
  3. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.: I have a HP Pavilion X360 convertible 15"The laptop came with a 1TB 5400 rpm hdd and a 16GB Optane module. I disabled the optane, removed it, and installed the 970 Evo plus. I did a clean install of Win 10 to the ssd.The laptop boots to windows and everything runs well, but I...
  4. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Samsung 970 Evo plus

Samsung 970 Evo plus: I get a NVMe M.2 970 evo plus but it doesnt recognized by the Laptop dell 17 7778. I update all and nothing happebed. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-plus/2c09339e-e232-4f0f-95ce-ba1497444441
  6. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  7. Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS: I have recently got an new m.2 SSD and wanted to install it to my motherboard. After doing so I encountered and error stating "Boot from proper device". My HDD has my OS on it and changed the order of boot in the bios but still ran into the issue stated. tried many things...
  8. Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?

Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?: Hello, I'd like to update my Evo plus one and I don't know how. I have already downloaded the correct ISO file. I have also put this file on an usb-stick and let it boot, but Windows 10 starts up normally. I have a MSI B-450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC I hope you can help me....
  9. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  10. Samsung EVO 970 Clone gone... awkward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samsung EVO 970 Clone gone... awkward: What can I do to correct the following issue? Using the new Samsung Magician software, the clone of my system went smoothly, surprisingly, as I know most of the time it does randomly fail. With this case it was successful, although... I show only one drive. My original...