Windows 10: After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

Discus and support After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IJaffray, Apr 16, 2021.

1. IJaffray Win User

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

Hello,

I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD.

Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled "Recovery" now has no name and is not labeled "healthy." And it's now not listed as one of the partitions in the initial list please see second image below.

Would anyone have an idea why this partition is now unlabeled? Any recommendation to delete it and recreate it from the backed up files?

I have read one article that said if the contents of the original Recovery partition were copied, the files would be removed from the partition at the end of the backup. Could this have happened, that the partition was left, but empty?

And would anyone know how to "test" the new, unlabeled, partition to see if it is actually fine and "healthy" or if it contains any files?

I do have a copy of the contents of the original Recovery folder made before the cloning. Should I try and delete this partition and then create a new Recovery partition from the backup?

Thanks for your help,

Ian J.

This is the layout from Disk Manager on the original C: SSD:

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy" cd04d26a-4d74-42b9-9683-f21ca293f9b1?upload=true.jpg

And this is the layout of the cloned SSD, showing the unlabeled but same-size Recovery partition:

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy" a9032abc-53a4-4524-acd4-9c4464042130?upload=true.jpg

:)

IJaffray, Apr 16, 2021

2. D rives shows empty, but labelled as data, is it the recovery partition?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the recovery drive took 500gb from the hard drive. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Ideally the recovery drive comes with label Recovery and uses up to a maximum couple of GB. I think this drive had labeled Data, for storing usual files.

For the better understanding of the issue, I suggest you to provide a screenshot of the disk management.

• On the desktop, press Windows Key + R to bring up the Run Window

• In the Run Window, type
      diskmgmt.msc
      to bring up the disk management console.
    Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Torruto Win User
    SSD partition gone after 1511 upgrade

There is indeed an 817MB partition that I've not seen before. It doesn't have a volume label or a file system, its status is listed as 'Healthy (Recovery Partition)' and is 100% free. It would appear that the upgrade has messed with the partitions. Is
    there anything I can do to restore the files and partition?

Torruto, Apr 16, 2021
  4. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

"Unwanted" Label in Gmail

Hi Windy,

I've attached a couple of spots it lives, and just in case you haven't removed "unwanted" from both, give it a shot.

On the left where your folder/labels are, click on the 3 dots next to it, and click remove (I assume you got rid of it this way, and it still comes back)

Before the next step, can you make sure no emails are under that label.

Click on the gear box in the top right, then settings, then labels. Scroll down, and delete it from the list.

See if it will not stay deleted.

Let me know!

- C

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy" 1c02e790-6322-4333-afd6-a2c8f8b5b7e6?upload=true.jpg

Charlie Klausen, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

1. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy" - Similar Threads - cloning Recovery partition

2. Labels on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Labels on taskbar: I understand Microsoft for Windows 11 has brought back a feature to "never combine" or "combine only when the taskbar is full. I found this article. https://pureinfotech.com/show-taskbar-labels-never-combine-windows-11/ I don't have the feature. Any thoughts or suggestions...
  3. System partition is assigned a label on every boot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System partition is assigned a label on every boot.: I hope you're doing well and having a great day.If I remove the label of my system partition, it is automatically reassigned on next boot. Is there a way to remove it so it doesn't get reassigned on boot?Thank you....
  4. System partition is assigned a label on every boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System partition is assigned a label on every boot.: I hope you're doing well and having a great day.If I remove the label of my system partition, it is automatically reassigned on next boot. Is there a way to remove it so it doesn't get reassigned on boot?Thank you....
  5. COA labels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COA labels: Hi. We are a workstation builder and always when we install an image of win10pro on a machine, we put a COA label on the housing. Now currently we purchased 10 win10pro licenses which are missing the red/rosa back-label, so we cannot get the label from the envelope which...
  6. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.: Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this: I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive is 1tb. I now have almost 500gb of unallocated space. The problem is this: There is my C drive, a 'recovery partition',...
  7. Hidden partition label in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hidden partition label in disk manager.: 18363.693 and later version will not show the label of the hidden partition in disk manager. Microsoft confirms that this is a design change and will not affect any functions....
  8. Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?: Long story short, had some hiccups cloning my drive, and the recovery partition got allocated a drive letter now. I removed the drive letter so it wouldn't show up in file explorer, but now in disk management it's not labeled as a "recovery" partition. submitted by...
  9. labels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    labels: how can Iprint labels from access 2007 in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labels/adebe165-5637-434a-8152-0574f26c9579
  10. DYMO Labeler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DYMO Labeler: how can I print using my DYMO Labeler? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dymo-labeler/55d19838-c040-4093-8f86-229dd9acc0fc