Windows 10: After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

Discus and support After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, every time I close an app, e.g. Windows Mail or Google Chrome, the app window turns half-transparent and my mouse cursor freezes. After about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hans Van Ootje, Feb 6, 2020.

1. After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

Recently, every time I close an app, e.g. Windows Mail or Google Chrome, the app window turns half-transparent and my mouse cursor freezes. After about 10 seconds, the transparent app window disappears and all is well again. What is it, and how can I stop this from happening?

:)

Hans Van Ootje, Feb 6, 2020
  2. InhexSTER Win User

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Feb 6, 2020
  3. selereth Win User
    1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze up for about half a second, as if the hard drive is bottle necked very briefly. I have two drives in my laptop, an SSD and a regular 750 GB hard drive. My mouse will freeze regardless of the drive that the program that is being opened is located on. This also occurs with a few specific explorer and Windows related tasks.

For example, when closing the task manager or emptying the recycling bin, the mouse does this freezing action, and while this is not a super serious issue it is rather irritating and sometimes the mouse will freeze even if there is no warrant for it. I could be simply browsing the web and it will lock up for a second. Looking at the task manager, there the HDD activity only goes up to 40-50% in some cases, so it is very annoying since there seems to be no apparent cause for this behaviour.

I have no reason to believe my drives are failing since they both check out just fine in benchmark and diagnostic programs such as AS SSD, CrystalDiskInfo and HDTune, I'm just really eager to know what could cause these mini mouse freezes. I don't believe it's a total system lock up since I could be playing music in the background and the music won't stop playing, but I'm still curious to know if anyone has had this issue and might have any information on what could be a possible precipitant.

selereth, Feb 6, 2020
  4. After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

1. After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be? - Similar Threads - closing app mouse

2. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  3. What to do about screen freezes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do about screen freezes?: I have had this Acer Swift 5 for all of two weeks. On three occasions I've had the screen "freeze." No mouse or keyboard--with one very odd exception. The Acer has reassigned the F1 function key to Sleep Mode. When I touch that key the screen immediately goes dark. I can then...
  4. While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program: Hey there , Firstly i am not able to search through my start menu Secondly if i scroll down with mouse wheel it freezes the start menue menue and then closes it . Same thing is happening in windows settings. Please help...
  5. My Mouse freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Mouse freezes every few seconds: I do not know why but my mouse keeps freezing every few seconds for about 0.5 seconds. I have updated all my drivers and have looked at multiple videos, but nothing. Can you please help me on this?...
  6. Cuphead closes seconds after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cuphead closes seconds after launch: I recently bought Cuphead on the Microsoft Store and initially it ran perfectly. After a few weeks of not using it, I went to play and I could not get sound... so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now I cannot launch the game past the first screen that says Cuphead...
  7. Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store App opens loads for about a second then closes: On the free upgrade, build 10240, the Windows 10 Store App opens for about a second with the loading graphic, but then closes immediately. I tried multiple ways to open it - taskbar icon, start menu tile, searching for it, heck I even asked Cortana to start it. All to no...
  8. Windows 10 Store Closes a Few Seconds After Viewing an App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Store Closes a Few Seconds After Viewing an App: ! Weird problem that I'm having. I can't download any apps from the Windows Store because it will close after a few seconds of loading an app page. Being on the actual store is fine, no problems there. But if I click on a specific app to view or download, it closes without...
  9. 1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs: I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze up for about half a second, as if the hard drive is bottle necked very briefly. I have two drives in my laptop, an SSD and a...
  10. Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.: Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app. Start menu properties tab missing from taskbar properties window. Some say it has been removed... some show its usage in configuring Startup? Thank you 20131