Windows 10: After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

Discus and support After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, every time I close an app, e.g. Windows Mail or Google Chrome, the app window turns half-transparent and my mouse cursor freezes. After about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hans Van Ootje, Feb 6, 2020.

1. After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

Recently, every time I close an app, e.g. Windows Mail or Google Chrome, the app window turns half-transparent and my mouse cursor freezes. After about 10 seconds, the transparent app window disappears and all is well again. What is it, and how can I stop this from happening?

:)

Hans Van Ootje, Feb 6, 2020
  2. InhexSTER Win User

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Feb 6, 2020
  3. selereth Win User
    1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze up for about half a second, as if the hard drive is bottle necked very briefly. I have two drives in my laptop, an SSD and a regular 750 GB hard drive. My mouse will freeze regardless of the drive that the program that is being opened is located on. This also occurs with a few specific explorer and Windows related tasks.

For example, when closing the task manager or emptying the recycling bin, the mouse does this freezing action, and while this is not a super serious issue it is rather irritating and sometimes the mouse will freeze even if there is no warrant for it. I could be simply browsing the web and it will lock up for a second. Looking at the task manager, there the HDD activity only goes up to 40-50% in some cases, so it is very annoying since there seems to be no apparent cause for this behaviour.

I have no reason to believe my drives are failing since they both check out just fine in benchmark and diagnostic programs such as AS SSD, CrystalDiskInfo and HDTune, I'm just really eager to know what could cause these mini mouse freezes. I don't believe it's a total system lock up since I could be playing music in the background and the music won't stop playing, but I'm still curious to know if anyone has had this issue and might have any information on what could be a possible precipitant.

selereth, Feb 6, 2020
  4. After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be?

1. After closing any app, mouse freezes for about 10 seconds. What can it be? - Similar Threads - closing app mouse

2. My app keeps force closing after about 10 seconds of being on the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app keeps force closing after about 10 seconds of being on the app.: It’s up to date on updates so I don’t know what else to do. It works fine on the website, only the app isn’t working. I use onenote on my iPad and never had a problem with it before....
  3. My app keeps force closing after about 10 seconds of being on the app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My app keeps force closing after about 10 seconds of being on the app.: It’s up to date on updates so I don’t know what else to do. It works fine on the website, only the app isn’t working. I use onenote on my iPad and never had a problem with it before....
  4. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.: Hello, I am having trouble with opening my Microsoft Store app. I have looked up a fix, and it says navigate to "Update & Security" in settings. However, when I choose this option it says "Something went wrong. Try to re-open settings later." I have been trying to find other...
  5. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.: Hello, I am having trouble with opening my Microsoft Store app. I have looked up a fix, and it says navigate to "Update & Security" in settings. However, when I choose this option it says "Something went wrong. Try to re-open settings later." I have been trying to find other...
  6. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

7. mouse freeze right away after clicking on any software for a second !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse freeze right away after clicking on any software for a second !: hi i just bought acer predator helios 300 ,and just out of box i noticed an issue which is once i click on any software or icon , basically anything that need to be double click to open not link or inside an application or while working normally inside any software the mouse...
  8. Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening

Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening: So I have been having this problem for about a week now. I noticed it from Steam. Steam itself launches fine, but none of the games from within. I will get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes. So I started some trouble shooting and noticed that other...
  9. Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

Store App opens loads for about a second then closes: On the free upgrade, build 10240, the Windows 10 Store App opens for about a second with the loading graphic, but then closes immediately. I tried multiple ways to open it - taskbar icon, start menu tile, searching for it, heck I even asked Cortana to start it. All to no...
  10. 1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs: I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze up for about half a second, as if the hard drive is bottle necked very briefly. I have two drives in my laptop, an SSD and a...