Windows 10: After computer update, program files disappeared.

Discus and support After computer update, program files disappeared. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer automatically updated a couple of days ago. However, my program files are not in my C drive? How can I locate them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LenYoerger, Jan 14, 2019.

1. After computer update, program files disappeared.

My computer automatically updated a couple of days ago. However, my program files are not in my C drive? How can I locate them?

:)

LenYoerger, Jan 14, 2019

2. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jan 14, 2019
  4. After computer update, program files disappeared.

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

After computer update, program files disappeared.

1. After computer update, program files disappeared. - Similar Threads - computer update program

2. Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day: The windows setup delete the program files folders and Appdata after just 1 day.Suporte says it will last 10 days, but is a lie. After cornered with log prof they say that you should call local technician and pay for their mistakes....
  3. Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day: The windows setup delete the program files folders and Appdata after just 1 day.Suporte says it will last 10 days, but is a lie. After cornered with log prof they say that you should call local technician and pay for their mistakes....
  4. Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day: HelloI have reset my Windows 10 yesterday and chose to keep my files. Windows installation created a folder named Windows.old were it kept a copy of the old user folders along with the old Program Files and Program Files x86 folders.For some reason, today, the Program Files...
  6. Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day: HelloI have reset my Windows 10 yesterday and chose to keep my files. Windows installation created a folder named Windows.old were it kept a copy of the old user folders along with the old Program Files and Program Files x86 folders.For some reason, today, the Program Files...
  7. Program Files and Program Files x86 Under Windows.Old Disappeared After 1 Day

8. Disappearing Files & Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Files & Programs: I'm posting this in hope those who experienced the same thing could share or those who had the slightest idea of what this may be to advise on this issue/threat. Our configuration... - All computers are running on Windows Home 10 2004 or later. - All computers have secondary...
  9. Programs and Drives Disappeared After Update

Programs and Drives Disappeared After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD....
  10. My files disappeared after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files disappeared after update: Please, help me with the following problem. A month ago after the update my files disappeared and I cannot find them. I contacted Microsoft but they have only one option to fix this problem, that is to take pictures of my system. I don’t want to allow them to take the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files and programs disappearing