Windows 10: After creating media on External drive files are lost

Discus and support After creating media on External drive files are lost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10 upgrade/installation on my external hard drive. After completion of download, all the data on my hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IshtiaqAslam, Jan 15, 2020.

1. After creating media on External drive files are lost

I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10 upgrade/installation on my external hard drive. After completion of download, all the data on my hard drive disappeared and it only shows the ISO file/folder

***Modified title from: ISO File for Windows 10***

:)

IshtiaqAslam, Jan 15, 2020

2. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive.

MarieGreen1, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Lost my external Hard Drive when creating installation media (Boot Disc). Lost files?

I accidentally or cluelessly used my ( main partition ) external 1TB HD to create installation media for Windows 10:

Download Windows 10

I didn't think it through and now I have a 32GB Boot Drive ESD-USB (EAfter creating media on External drive files are lost :) (Wich didn't work, for some reason "No operating system found" message...) and the rest of the 900+ GB are lost or simply invisible or hidden (I hope)

Anyway, The external HD was over 400GB of files.

Used recovery software (Recuva and Puran, portables) wich limits (apparently) to 32 GB or so, and another (currently scanning...) EaseUS Data Recovery actually allowed me to select a 900GB "LOST!!! partition". And found files waay over 1TB plus they are unnamed!!!

Please, help

Can the "lost partition" be found or recovered without information loss?
    What procedure would you recommend?

Thanks in advance. Good Night.

Fernando YP, Jan 15, 2020
  4. After creating media on External drive files are lost

media drive uk

a media drive is an external hdd that has software on it enabling you to just plug it into your tv and watch videos/play music etc

i would suggest ebay for that sort of money tbh

mullered07, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

After creating media on External drive files are lost

1. After creating media on External drive files are lost - Similar Threads - creating media External

2. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...: Hello,From the Volume properties window within the "Disk Management" tool under Windows 10, I unchecked the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checkbox. However since then I have been unable to access the drive, Windows...
  3. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...: Hello,From the Volume properties window within the "Disk Management" tool under Windows 10, I unchecked the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checkbox. However since then I have been unable to access the drive, Windows...
  4. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  6. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  7. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a zip file on an external hard drive: For the last couple of days, I have been trying to move a whole file of music mp3's from a standard file over to a zip file. I have tried right-clicking the mouse, then send to and then compressed zipped folder and can't find the zip folder on the external hard drive. I...
  9. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive: Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive....
  10. Was moving files to external drive, drive not recognized and lost all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Was moving files to external drive, drive not recognized and lost all: Dear Sir/Madame, I was moving video files (AVI) from an external backup drive (WD Element) to another external backup drive (Seagate expansion) after having moved another video file from my laptop (Acer) to that Seagate external drive. The night before I had moved some video...