Windows 10: After Cumulative Update KB(4338819) ERRORS and MISSING Things.

Discus and support After Cumulative Update KB(4338819) ERRORS and MISSING Things. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; <p style="margin-bottom:1em;border:none;outline:0px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sarimbinwaseem, Jul 12, 2018.

1. sarimbinwaseem Win User

After Cumulative Update KB(4338819) ERRORS and MISSING Things.

<p style="margin-bottom:1em;border:none;outline:0px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;list-style-type:none;font-size:14px;background-color:#ffffff;">I am having errors and missing things in Windows 10 after Cumulative update of July.</p><ol style="margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:3em;padding:0px;border:none;outline:0px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;list-style-type:none;font-size:14px;background-color:#ffffff;"><li style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:none;outline:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;list-style-type:decimal;">Missing brightness setting option from notification area.</li><li style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:none;outline:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;list-style-type:decimal;">Brightness is not changing if I change it from Windows Mobility Center.</li><li style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:none;outline:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;list-style-type:decimal;">Sleep option is missing from start menu and from Alt+F4 menu.</li><li style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:none;outline:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;list-style-type:decimal;">And this one is older, If I press and hold SHIFT and right click in a folder, it is not showing Command prompt option in menu.</li></ol><p style="margin-bottom:1em;border:none;outline:0px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;list-style-type:none;font-size:14px;background-color:#ffffff;">PLEASE HELP!!!</p>

:)

sarimbinwaseem, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

June 2016 Cumulative Update impacted my Desktop

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Cumulative update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to control panel, then click on
      Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the update.

• Right click on the update and uninstall the update.

And also you can temporarily disable the
    Cumulative update.

Refer the link below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262)

Hi Anne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in installing the Cumulative Update
    KB3124262 on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to understand this issue and assist you better:

• When the update fails to install, what is the error code/ error message of this issue?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps you have tried including Windows Update Troubleshooter?
    • Is this issue confined on with the KB3124262 update?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing Windows Update components, try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet deployed and check if it helps.

If you are using wired internet connection, I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to run the Windows Update.

Method 1: Let us know the installed update history on your device.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings, click on Update & security.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Advanced options
      and on View your update history.
    • Do let us know the failed updates along with the KB numbers and error codes/ error messages.

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

For more information about the update refer: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511: January 27, 2016

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. After Cumulative Update KB(4338819) ERRORS and MISSING Things. - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update 4338819

2. Error installing a cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing a cumulative update: Hello... i'm trying to install "2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4464330)" update, but it keeps failing with error code "Error 0x80070020", i'm currently running the Oct 2018 update (1809 OS build 17763.1) it already failed 4...
  3. error 4040 in KB 941208

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 4040 in KB 941208: I installed Halo 2 on my pc. It was giving an error "LIVE gaming on Windows failed to initialize". There was a solution for it on the web link "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941208".when I tried to open this link it gave 'error 404'. Pleas help me I want to play Halo 2....
  4. Cumulative Update KB4103727 - error detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update KB4103727 - error detected: Windows 10 Home Automatic updates 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based systems(KB4103727) Constantly getting " Status: Awaiting restart" Same message after restarting multiple times! Trouble shooter result: "Potential Windows Update...
  5. cumulative update 1607 error report

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative update 1607 error report: I tried two times to update, but without any success (many updates before passed without a problem). At the end PC reported that there is a problem and showed for a short time a blue window with the error code and a link to a support. But time was too short to note it and I...
  6. Windows Update KB 3081444

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB 3081444: i know i am beating a dead horse why does this update fall to install every time? i think it is because every other update goes through so why not this one? i am having to use my laptop more often 18426
  7. Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing: Hi all, I am a mac guy who recently moved to windows (I have had it with the man from Cupertino). I am very happy so far. I just updated this morning to the Creative. After it loaded, I got a message saying A synced folder is missing. Backup and Sync is trying to sync...
  8. Things broken after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Things broken after Anniversary update: Hello, just got myself a cold shower, because I was so angry that I was yelling at the computer. And that never happened to me. After updating to build 1607 (had to wait until it completed so I could go to sleep - went to bed at 4:25 am) notification appeared and said Daemon...
  9. Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors: So after latest two KB34/36 updates SFC find errors which cant fix and DISM restorehealth either. Code: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: <----- Starting Dism.exe session -----> 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host...
  10. Latest update broke things after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update broke things after reboot.: So far, I cannot run a no sleep hard drive program, Task Manager, or Outlook. Oh joy as I look for other things that no longer work. And...it's now working again, all of it. I guess it had to ruminate and digest the update for a few hours. I did nothing but play WoW for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4338819