Windows 10: After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...

Discus and support After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All of the data was erased when I used bootable USB to install windows 10. I also used copy command from command prompt to copy Bootmgr file from drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SARTHAKJT, Feb 4, 2022.

1. SARTHAKJT Win User

After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...

All of the data was erased when I used bootable USB to install windows 10. I also used copy command from command prompt to copy Bootmgr file from drive D to drive C. There was some overwriting message also. Can I bring my lost data back?

:)

SARTHAKJT, Feb 4, 2022
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 4, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

1. After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is... - Similar Threads - dealing bootmgr reinstalled

2. Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.: My Laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340. I did a recent windows update on 2022/05/30, driver power state failure occurred after restarting the machine. Initially, I did a couple of power on/off, but the screen just froze and nothing worked and the same driver power state failure...
  3. Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.: My Laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340. I did a recent windows update on 2022/05/30, driver power state failure occurred after restarting the machine. Initially, I did a couple of power on/off, but the screen just froze and nothing worked and the same driver power state failure...
  4. After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...: All of the data was erased when I used bootable USB to install windows 10. I also used copy command from command prompt to copy Bootmgr file from drive D to drive C. There was some overwriting message also. Can I bring my lost data back?...
  5. After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After dealing with bootmgr, I reinstalled windows 10 on the C drive but now everything is...: All of the data was erased when I used bootable USB to install windows 10. I also used copy command from command prompt to copy Bootmgr file from drive D to drive C. There was some overwriting message also. Can I bring my lost data back?...
  6. I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...: So I think the title describes the scenario quite well, however what I have to add is that my secdonary drive is a nVME SSD that is hard to plug/unplug and I dont wanna mess with unplugging it for the sake of a software installation.How would I go about reinstalling windows...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10 on same (C) drive

Reinstalling windows 10 on same (C) drive: hello, i have 1 tb harddisk with C,D,E drives..my OS is on C drive ,, i have created back up of all drives in external..i am reinstaling OS on C drive where i had previously win10 15014insider preivew.. i am getting rid of insider preview and get back to current branch...
  8. Will "Bootmgr - Copy to C:\ with EasyBCD" with Windows 10

Will "Bootmgr - Copy to C:\ with EasyBCD" with Windows 10: Will easy BCD work with windows 10 ? I'm trying to clone my new hard drive to a new 6 Tb Toshiba I've just acquired. Last time I migrated to a larger hard drive I used a USB to Dual Sata HDD docking station(with offline clone). This thread from old W7 Forums seems just as...
  9. Copy bootmgr to C:\

Copy bootmgr to C:\: Some of you may remember my tutorial on this subject from the sevenforums tutorial section. I have just tested this tutorial for Windows 10TP and it works here too. You may be asked to download a later version of EasyBCD. I recommend you use that. You will also be prompted to...
  10. How to deal with lag? Reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to deal with lag? Reinstall windows 10: I think that this is the best option for anyone here really. You have to do this with all of the other Windows and I really think that this is common sense. I reinstalled my windows 10 at the cost of loosing about 12 programs, but that's no problem really. My windows run...