Windows 10: After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

Discus and support After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I cannot delete songs from windows media player, even after deleting the songs from my music folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by austinjames2, Aug 11, 2018.

1. After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I cannot delete songs from windows media player, even after deleting the songs from my music folder.

:)

austinjames2, Aug 11, 2018
  2. HGN2001 Win User

Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc.

Often, I'll want to list all of those same songs within an Artist by Song title. This will sort all of the titles that start with "A" first, "B" second, etc. and show a very small jpeg of the album cover on the left. This view allows for quick audio comparisons of the same song from different sources. This is where you can hear one iteration of a song being louder or better quality or worse mastering than another - a helpful use of this software.

OK, so what's the bug? Occasionally and unpredictably, the alpha-by-song list will separate out widely, listing the first song with a large jpeg of the cover art. Then a second song will appear with its large jpeg cover art, all of this using up a lot of screen real estate. It can still be used, but it's ugly to look at. It has been maddening that some artists are separated out like this, while most list nice and tight, line by line.

Today, I might have uncovered the reason that it happens. I think it has to do with apostrophes in the last title in the alphabetical list. If you can somehow change the title of that song so that it's not last, your list will show tight lines, the way its supposed to be.

I realize that this is a very specialized use of Windows Media Player, but maybe it will help out someone out there.

HGN2001, Aug 11, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Hi, perhaps you could upload one song it doesn't play.

1. Which file types does it play- which doesn't it play?

2. Is there a difference in tags? Do some have them others not?

3. Do you have a song it does play, and one it doesn't, in the same folder?

4. Can you play the songs Groove doesn't play using another player- Windows media player- VLC player .....?

sorry, on what?

dalchina, Aug 11, 2018
  4. After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

5530 music player not recognizing new songs

1)Turn on your blue tooth...

2)Get 3/4 songs(mp3) from your friends cell via bluetooth..

3)!!!dont open songs untill all recived and some other steps..

4) open your music player try to refresh...

If not showing songs then

5)hide music player(dont clsoe it)

6) go to messeging...

7)open songs 1 by 1 and save it...

8)when you save song the message shows "added to library"

9)dont open music player until all files saved...

10)delete main files from meseging..

11)exit messaging

12)now open your minimized music player

*you get all list of song which isin your phone/memmory*

thanx guys..

mayurhsoni, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

1. After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and... - Similar Threads - deleting songs Music

2. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player: I Moved Music Folder from Win7 PC to Win 10 -- I can see the folder and files, but the songs aren't accessible or seen in Windows Media Player ... Plz help!...
  3. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player: I Moved Music Folder from Win7 PC to Win 10 -- I can see the folder and files, but the songs aren't accessible or seen in Windows Media Player ... Plz help!...
  4. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  6. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  7. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

8. Media Player wont show songs banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player wont show songs banner: HiNon of my music's icons appear in Media PlayerI tried using Windows old media player & some more apps and it was ok on them.https://i.postimg.cc/W4yymvtp/Screen-Shot.png...
  9. Media Player wont show songs banner

Media Player wont show songs banner: HiNon of my music's icons appear in Media PlayerI tried using Windows old media player & some more apps and it was ok on them.https://i.postimg.cc/W4yymvtp/Screen-Shot.png...
  10. Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder: Hi What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the song info and music file name in the music libary folder won't change accordingly. Is this working as intended for being a...