Windows 10: After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

Discus and support After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5502. My laptop was working fine but I wanted the C partition to be bigger.I installed Macrorit Partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rafa_7, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Rafa_7 Win User

After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5502. My laptop was working fine but I wanted the C partition to be bigger.I installed Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition. There was 500 MB 'unallocated space' between C and D. I decided to merge this 500 MB and about 70 GB from D into C. Macrorit requested a restart to implement the changes. After restart, the merging operations started. They were reported 'Successful' with the message 'System will reboot now in 5 seconds'. After the reboot, I got stuck at the Dell logo. I waited 30 minutes but nothing.Now whenever I power on, I am stuck at the l

:)

Rafa_7, Dec 9, 2023

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Dec 9, 2023
  3. New boot disk doesn't appear in BIOS boot devices but does in F8 menu

I recently upgraded from a 120GB mirrored pair boot device to a 1TB mirrored pair boot device (2x SSD). The new boot mirror device is named Volume0_SSD_Boot. In the BIOS boot order list, there is no such device listed (nor are the individual disk device names listed either). When I press F8 to bring up a boot device menu on restart, it's there, I can select it, and it boots successfully. However, when I just restart and do nothing, it says there's no boot device and to go back and pick it in the BIOS. Some things of note: In the RAID setup menu, the devices are listed as... Disk 1: in mirror Volume1_HDD_Data Disk 3: in mirror Volume1_HDD_Data Disk 2: in mirror Volume0_SSD_Data Disk 4: in mirror Volume0_SSD_Data Disk 5: non-RAID disk 2TB HDD However, after booting into Windows, the disks are listed (in Disk Management tool) as: Disk 0: (EAfter disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu :) non-RAID disk 2TB HDD Disk 1: (DAfter disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu :) the volume from Volume1_HDD_Data Disk 2: (CAfter disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu :) the volume from Volume0_SSD_Data Disk3-6: Removable memory cards Disk7: (NAfter disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu :) removable USB HDD CD-ROM 0: (RAfter disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu :) DVD+-RW drive In BIOS boot order menu, it lists the Volume1_HDD_Data volume and the CD-ROM device, but NOT Volume0_SSD_Data. Once again, I can boot to Volume0_SSD_Data successfully, if I use the F8 boot menu, but it will not boot there automatically, and BIOS has no clue it exists. The boot volume consists of... Partition 1: 102 MB NTFS: System Reserved (note, no other System Reserved partition exists on any disk/volume that might interfere) Partition 2: 921.07 GB NTFS: (CAfter disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu :) Windows partition Partition 3: 542 MB NTFS: another system (recovery?) partition created when I upgraded to Win10 Partition 4: 9.81GB: unallocated I just upgraded this system successfully from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 21H2.

DeepThought, Dec 9, 2023
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

1. After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu - Similar Threads - disk partition can't

2. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  3. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  4. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu: My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5502. My laptop was working fine but I wanted the C partition to be bigger.I installed Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition. There was 500 MB 'unallocated space' between C and D. I decided to merge this 500 MB and about 70 GB from D...
  6. After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu

After disk partition, can't even access BIOS or Boot menu: My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5502. My laptop was working fine but I wanted the C partition to be bigger.I installed Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition. There was 500 MB 'unallocated space' between C and D. I decided to merge this 500 MB and about 70 GB from D...
  7. PC can't even boot to POST screen - can't access BIOS to revert changes!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't even boot to POST screen - can't access BIOS to revert changes!: I've got my Aorus B450 pro mobo stuck in a perpetual loop of trying and failing to boot. It can't even make it to the POST screen anymore, poor thing.Last thing I did was disable CRM can't remember if that was the correct acronym but basically I mean Legacy mode to make the...
  8. PC can't even boot to POST screen - can't access BIOS to revert changes!

PC can't even boot to POST screen - can't access BIOS to revert changes!: I've got my Aorus B450 pro mobo stuck in a perpetual loop of trying and failing to boot. It can't even make it to the POST screen anymore, poor thing.Last thing I did was disable CRM can't remember if that was the correct acronym but basically I mean Legacy mode to make the...
  9. PC can't even boot to POST screen - can't access BIOS to revert changes!

10. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu: A few days ago, my computer started up automatically at 1am. I shut it down fairly quickly because it's loud enough to prevent me from sleeping (nothing wrong with the hardware, it's just close to where I sleep and loud by design). I'm assuming it was trying to update...