Windows 10: After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working.

Discus and support After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working. I have searched for fixes for hours now with no avail. Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FēlikssLiepa, Jul 28, 2019.

1. After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working.

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working. I have searched for fixes for hours now with no avail. Keyboard works fine in BIOS, mouse works fine in the automated repair screen. When windows itself boots up my numlock turns off and keyboard becomes unusable. Same thing goes for the mouse, though the bottom lights up when I click something on it. I have no restore point and windows automated repair thing has not helped.

:)

FēlikssLiepa, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Keyboard/mouse not working after clean install Windows 10

After I did a clean install on windows 10, keyboard and mouse do not work as I reach login screen. I tried other usb ports other keyboard and mouse still nothing. I managed to reach the recovery option through consecutive power ups/downs but I cannot use
    keyboard or mouse there. Yet, I can use Bios properly. Any suggestions?

Haris Afentakis, Jul 28, 2019
  4. NABA123 Win User

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working.

Touchpad and USB Mouse stopped working after resetting Windows 10 laptop

Thanks for your replies.

@krishna,

I have tried the steps you have listed, but unfortunately the mouse and touchpad still do not work. Are there any other steps I could try? If there's nothing else, I may as well try a clean install of Windows 10.

@Greg,

Yes, I have made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. As for your second suggestion, when I went into the mouse properties, the last tab leads to the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. There are no other software installed for managing the mouse. When
    I try to open the mouse/keyboard center, it always says no device detected. I have also gone through the install integrity checklist, but it has not helped. I guess if there are no other options, I will do a clean install of Windows 10. Anything else I can
    do?

Thanks.

NABA123, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working.

1. After doing a clean install of Windows 10 my keyboard and mouse have stopped working. - Similar Threads - doing clean install

2. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  3. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  4. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  6. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  7. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: my Lenovo will not wake up from hybernation unless I reboot. While trying to figure this out my keyboard and mouse stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-mouse-stopped-working/369b7251-0044-4413-9882-9250df86d1b5
  9. Mouse and keyboard stop working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stop working after Windows 10 Update: Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Update. My desktop became inoperable. After spending a long time trying to fix this myself I had to take my desktop to a private tech guy. Why is this Windows update so disruptive? and shouldn't Windows be responsible for...
  10. WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working: I have a 2014 desktop that has been upgraded over the years. It came with a mouse and keyboard with colour coded pin type connections - both thrown away for newer USB models. I have just completed a clean upload of Windows 10 and find, on restart, my USB mouse and keyboard...