Windows 10: After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...

Discus and support After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So as the title said. In place upgrade from win 7 to win 10. 3 monitors. The PC has a nvidia GT210 graphics card. Whenever I boot up only one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ITS-Dan, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ITS-Dan Win User

After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...

So as the title said.

In place upgrade from win 7 to win 10.

3 monitors.

The PC has a nvidia GT210 graphics card.

Whenever I boot up only one of the 3 monitors will be working.

Not all 3 are plugged into the graphics card.

The weird thing is that upon booting up and going into device manager under graphics devices it will show both Nvidia 210 and Intel 4600 graphics driver, and both will have a yellow warning triangle.

If you go into properties it will say Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43).

If you uninstall them both by right clicking in device manager and scan for hardware changes, they will reinstall and be fully functional.

For an even shorter fix you can just right click disable and reenable the devices.

However I can not find a fix to make this not happen at all.

I have totally blown away and reinstalled both drivers with appropriate win 10 versions to no avail?

Is it maybe some sort of display setting from win 7 to win 10 thats causing them to break?

Anyone have any ideas??

The fact that both intel and Nvidia and are failing leads me to believe its not just like a hardware issue with the gfx card but idk.

:)

ITS-Dan, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 8, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 8, 2019
  4. LeeBerge Win User

After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...

Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Hi Once Again

I just finished performing the steps you suggested I do in your last email to upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. I eliminated all of the temporary files and then performed a check disk on my hard drive; no errors or bad sectors were found. After doing those
    steps, Win10 failed to install again so then I went back and performed all of your suggest procedures from the past several emails all at once....disconnecting all of my external devices, doing the system file check, and then deleting all of the temporary
    files following by the check disk routine. Once again the Win10 download failed to install.

This is what happened when I tried the upgrade: I began the download from the Microsoft flag download icon in my bottom toolbar rather than using the Media Creation tool program applet that had tried several times before to upgrade windows.. The download
    preceded normally and then the computer went into the installation process. The preparing for upgrade splash panel came up and then the desktop showed configuring update for Windows 10 appeared. The upgrade got to 87% complete once again and then my computer
    went into the reboot mode. The computer rebooted back into Win 7. The Windows update panel appeared with a panel that said "upgrade to Win10....start installing the newest versions of windows". I did not get a Win 10 failed to install as I did when using the
    Media Creation tool.

As I said, the reboot took me right back into my normal Windows 7 screen which worked normally.

That's all the information I have this time around.

Lee

LeeBerge, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my... - Similar Threads - doing place upgrade

2. I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade: I couldn't update with the October update. So the support person did an in-place upgrade. Right afterwards it appeared to work. So I turn off the PC like I always do. I used biometrics to log in. It recognizes me, and it looks like I can sign in, but then it asks me to sign...
  3. I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade: I couldn't update with the October update. So the support person did an in-place upgrade. Right afterwards it appeared to work. So I turn off the PC like I always do. I used biometrics to log in. It recognizes me, and it looks like I can sign in, but then it asks me to sign...
  4. I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I come back to windows 7 after my pc was upgraded to windows 10 for a long time?

How do I come back to windows 7 after my pc was upgraded to windows 10 for a long time?: Hello,The recovery option is disabled, and the windows.old is not in the C driver, I have been using windows 10 for 3 months and it is too slow, and I need help..-Otiz_444...
  6. How do I come back to windows 7 after my pc was upgraded to windows 10 for a long time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I come back to windows 7 after my pc was upgraded to windows 10 for a long time?: Hello,The recovery option is disabled, and the windows.old is not in the C driver, I have been using windows 10 for 3 months and it is too slow, and I need help..-Otiz_444...
  7. How do I come back to windows 7 after my pc was upgraded to windows 10 for a long time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 will not use my 2nd monitor after upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 will not use my 2nd monitor after upgrade from Win 7: ​​​Hi all, Eric from Florida here, with my first problem that I can't solve​. First, the soft facts, my system is as follows: Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit. AMD Catalyst Software Suite v 15.20.1062.1004, which the software update function says is current....
  9. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...
  10. My Win 10 freezes at same place every time

My Win 10 freezes at same place every time: It stops here, and after restarting my PC it freezes again at the same place. 32055