Windows 10: after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...

Discus and support after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after downloading windows 10 on my laptop, i cant connect to the wifi, when i press the network button in the taskbar only airplane mode button appers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Enes_860, May 24, 2023.

1. Enes_860 Win User

after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...

after downloading windows 10 on my laptop, i cant connect to the wifi, when i press the network button in the taskbar only airplane mode button appers and its disabled. There is no wifi on-off button

:)

Enes_860, May 24, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Laptop doesn's recognize that it's connected to the internet Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 24, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2023
  4. after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...

After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, May 24, 2023
Thema:

after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...

1. after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the... - Similar Threads - downloading laptop cant

2. after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...: after downloading windows 10 on my laptop, i cant connect to the wifi, when i press the network button in the taskbar only airplane mode button appers and its disabled. There is no wifi on-off button...
  3. after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after downloading windows 10 on my laptop. i cant connect to the internet when i press the...: after downloading windows 10 on my laptop, i cant connect to the wifi, when i press the network button in the taskbar only airplane mode button appers and its disabled. There is no wifi on-off button...
  4. I cant connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to the internet: i got a new pc and got a wifi adapter so obviously i put in everything i installed the drives aswell when i try connect to my internet with the wifi adapter it says unable to connect to network and when i troubleshoot it all it said was you have no preferred wireless networks...
  5. I cant connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect to the internet: i got a new pc and got a wifi adapter so obviously i put in everything i installed the drives aswell when i try connect to my internet with the wifi adapter it says unable to connect to network and when i troubleshoot it all it said was you have no preferred wireless networks...
  6. I cant connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My LapTop with Windows 10 cant connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My LapTop with Windows 10 cant connect to the internet.: When I get to step 3, the only option is "Bluetooth Network Connection 2" and it says not connected with a red X https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-with-windows-10-cant-connect-to-the/fbd43231-a685-4eac-8428-627756c914d0
  8. My LapTop with Windows 10 cant connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My LapTop with Windows 10 cant connect to the internet.: My HP Laptop just stopped working one day, where the wifi symbol is supposed to be, there is a ethernet symbol and when I click on it, only airplane mode appears. I tried factory resetting several times but that didnt work. I even took it apart and checked the WLAN card and...
  9. My Laptop cant connect to the Internet/Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Laptop cant connect to the Internet/Wifi: Before you ask Yes, ive reinstalled + updated drivers Yes, ive network reset Yes, ive tried restarting No, its not on airplane mode It is in Good Condition, being recently bought less than 24 hours ago, and its already giving me connection problems. It is the HP...
  10. Downloaded programs cant connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded programs cant connect to the Internet: After resetting my Windows 10 PC some programs I download cant connect to the Internet for example Steam I'm able to use Firefox and Microsoft Edge but some websites don't load...